• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Planned Parenthood Attack

Why would say that it is inevitable for low socioeconomic segments of society? Does being poor mean one is unable to exercise control of oneself? Don't understand.

He said it was inevitable for everyone. Teens for the most part aren't capable of controlling themselves. Kids from higher socio-economic backgrounds tend to have more external controls to keep them from making mistakes and more resources to help them fix those mistakes.

Ah, teenage sex. Sigh. There was this one time I think we did it like 6 or 7 times in one afternoon. It's amazing how when you are a teenager you can get wood again like 10 min later and go again. Good times.

Why would say that it is inevitable for low socioeconomic segments of society? Does being poor mean one is unable to exercise control of oneself? Don't understand.

Because Google and sociology, education, and psychology classes?

http://www.advocatesforyouth.org/pu...413-adolescent-sexual-behavior-i-demographics

"Many adults are uncomfortable with the idea of teen sexuality, and prefer to remain in ignorance or denial. But in the United States, 46 percent of all high school age students, and 62 percent of high school seniors, have had sexual intercourse; almost nine million teens have already had sex.1,2 It is critically important for adults to address adolescent sexuality realistically and to recognize that many factors, including socioeconomic status, race or ethnicity, family structure, educational aspirations, and life experiences, affect young people's behavior..."

"For several sub-populations of adolescents, comparatively little data is available. Existing evidence indicates that these youth exhibit behaviors or live in environments which place them at higher than average risk for HIV, other sexually transmitted infections (STIs), unintended pregnancy, sexual abuse, and other preventable sexual health problems. These populations include LGBT youth; rural youth; youth with disabilities; certain immigrant youth; runaway, homeless, and "street" youth in unstable living situations; youth living with HIV; and youth in the custody of the foster care or juvenile justice systems. Until there is more nationally-representative data about such youth, policy makers and program planners will face challenges when seeking to promote the sexual health and well-being of these young people..."

"Adolescents who can envision positive futures for themselves are more likely to maintain healthier sexual behaviors and to avoid or reduce sexual risk-taking, but there are racial and ethnic disparities that delineate young people's ability to perceive positive futures. One analysis used data from Add Health to study the "future certainty" of 5,900 teens (mean age 16) and to identify disparities among White, African American, and Hispanic youth. Findings showed that White youth held the most positive perceptions of life certainty (defined as living beyond age 21 and surviving to at least age 35), college certainty, and marriage certainty. Furthermore, youth with the most positive life, college, and marriage certainty also had the highest levels of sexual knowledge..."

Ah, teenage sex. Sigh. There was this one time I think we did it like 6 or 7 times in one afternoon. It's amazing how when you are a teenager you can get wood again like 10 min later and go again. Good times.

Nowadays you go twice and you need an IV and a 6 hour nap.

Good to know you don't think black lives matter. Took a while to admit, though.

You are a weird combination of pride and intellect. It seems one serves you better than the other.

Because Google and sociology, education, and psychology classes?

http://www.advocatesforyouth.org/pu...413-adolescent-sexual-behavior-i-demographics

"Many adults are uncomfortable with the idea of teen sexuality, and prefer to remain in ignorance or denial. But in the United States, 46 percent of all high school age students, and 62 percent of high school seniors, have had sexual intercourse; almost nine million teens have already had sex.1,2 It is critically important for adults to address adolescent sexuality realistically and to recognize that many factors, including socioeconomic status, race or ethnicity, family structure, educational aspirations, and life experiences, affect young people's behavior..."

"For several sub-populations of adolescents, comparatively little data is available. Existing evidence indicates that these youth exhibit behaviors or live in environments which place them at higher than average risk for HIV, other sexually transmitted infections (STIs), unintended pregnancy, sexual abuse, and other preventable sexual health problems. These populations include LGBT youth; rural youth; youth with disabilities; certain immigrant youth; runaway, homeless, and "street" youth in unstable living situations; youth living with HIV; and youth in the custody of the foster care or juvenile justice systems. Until there is more nationally-representative data about such youth, policy makers and program planners will face challenges when seeking to promote the sexual health and well-being of these young people..."

"Adolescents who can envision positive futures for themselves are more likely to maintain healthier sexual behaviors and to avoid or reduce sexual risk-taking, but there are racial and ethnic disparities that delineate young people's ability to perceive positive futures. One analysis used data from Add Health to study the "future certainty" of 5,900 teens (mean age 16) and to identify disparities among White, African American, and Hispanic youth. Findings showed that White youth held the most positive perceptions of life certainty (defined as living beyond age 21 and surviving to at least age 35), college certainty, and marriage certainty. Furthermore, youth with the most positive life, college, and marriage certainty also had the highest levels of sexual knowledge..."

You didn't explain why. You merely identified the phenomenon. Correlation is not causation. What causes this behavior to be inevitable?

are you asking what causes teenagers to act like teenagers?

You didn't explain why. You merely identified the phenomenon. Correlation is not causation. What causes this behavior to be inevitable?
You're not dragging me into a stupid strawman argument about the personal responsibility of crime, but if helps I can try and restate - negative socioeconomic conditions directly lead to (read: cause) poor personal choices on a global scale - teens are especially susceptible to the negative effects of SES

He said it was inevitable for everyone. Teens for the most part aren't capable of controlling themselves. Kids from higher socio-economic backgrounds tend to have more external controls to keep them from making mistakes and more resources to help them fix those mistakes.

Wait. Teenage sex is a mistake? His words were that these 'sins' were inevitable for everyone ESPECIALLY those with low economic standing. He didn't say teenage pregnancy. He said sex is ESPECIALLY inevitable for poor people. I asked why. No one seems to be able to give me an answer.

I didn't ask if this phenomenon occurs. I asked him why does it occur.

Wait. Teenage sex is a mistake? His words were that these 'sins' were inevitable for everyone ESPECIALLY those with low economic standing. He didn't say teenage pregnancy. He said sex is ESPECIALLY inevitable for poor people. I asked why. No one seems to be able to give me an answer.

I didn't ask if this phenomenon occurs. I asked him why does it occur.

It can be.

You've been given multiple answers. For most humans choosing not to have sex requires a level of self control that most teenagers do not possess. This is especially true at lower socio-economic levels for what I thought would be obvious reasons. I love how some posters cannot believe that being poor makes pretty much everything in life a little more difficult.

If you truly need an explanation as to why teenagers need self control to not have sex or why a teenager further down the socio-economic ladder might not have as much self control I'll be happy to explain.

Lack of Jesus in their lives?

BTW, pretty sure the last paragraph of the study he posted answers your question.

Last edited:
The best thing about teenage sex is that you have to go home to your respective houses at the end of the night and you get your own TV shows, and bed. Its a goddamned coup. Why on earth would you want to stifle this kind of opportunity for our nation's youth? Seldom again in your life will you get the chance to bone the one you love and then go home and watch Sportscenter unfettered.

Wait. Teenage sex is a mistake?

150826-news-jared-fogle.jpg

Back