• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning appreciation thread

Bilas released his updated Bilas Index today, does someone with Insider access know if we made it?

Bilas released his updated Bilas Index today, does someone with Insider access know if we made it?

Yep - we are 47: The Deacons are finally getting healthy, and have been battling to put together a full 40 minutes. Wake Forest had Xavier in position to get a win at home, but let the game get away. A win over LSU in Baton Rouge on Tuesday was another positive step forward. Wake Forest gets to the free throw line, gets on the offensive glass and has a great scorer in Devin Thomas, but needs to take better care of the ball.

Other notables from teams we've played:
- Xavier: 6
- UCLA: 24
- Vandy: 28
- Indiana: 30
- Richmond: 46
- LSU: 67

Trying to invision Simmons taking his game to the NBA.

He might want to develop a jump shot. There are a lot of pro players that can defend his drives to the basket, particularly if he is no threat from the outside.

Agree. He will play small forward in the NBA. He needs an outside shot. Ingram seems like a better pro prospect right now for that reason.

I am very relieved that Collins and Moore are the guys he is going to be able to claim as his first real big men projects. Those two are going to be walking billboards for the "Danny Manning School for Talented Big Men" for years to come. Harry Giles is a coward and a fool. Nothing would make me happier than us beating Duke next week with DT and Collins taking their bigs to school.

They have to get on the floor first.

Awful job by Manning tonight. Waiting to the ~4:00 mark to put in your star player with 4 fouls is just faulty thinking from a risk/reward standpoint. Then compounded that mistake by not calling a timeout and letting 2 or 3 possessions go by before Devin got back in. Awful.

Danny has done what I didn’t think anyone could do. Make me miss [Redacted]... kinda.

Back