• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Belin changing roles

Is Colorado Springs the next stop for Brian Knorr? If they've got a place for Lobo there's bound to be one for Knorr.

Wow. This is a big demotion. BIG cut in salary too. Probably at least 50%.

Very sad to hear. The kids loved Belin. He'll likely be making another jump back to coaching sometime very soon. He wants to be a Head Coach some day.

Maybe Clawson is trying to upgrade the recruiting?

I have no idea what this is about; but I find it a bit alarming in that he had more credibility as a player than anyone on the staff.

Was Mulbah also Director of Recruiting, or was he just High School Relations? Maybe the combined titles is a way to give Belin more responsibility and keep his pay the same? Maybe he requested it because he wants to be more big picture recruiting wise to give him that experience that might help with a head coaching gig? Dunno.

Good point. Mulbah was Director of High School Relations and left to become Director of Recruiting at Cuse.

I'm going to look at this one through my black and gold glasses and say that we're placing a serious emphasis on upgraded our recruiting systems, especially since the last staff left a gigantic turd floating in that pool. If this in an investment on improving our recruiting and the move was mutual, then good.

I'm probably wrong and it is a demotion though, especially considering Clawson's canned quote and the fact they buried the story on the team page rather than the front, unless my wakeforestsports.com isn't working correctly again. Who knows. Whatever. Sports.

Good analysis. Putting everything together it seems like this move was made to make room for a new coach. It gives Belin time and a public reason to find another job. It's better than him getting a job elsewhere and it makes us look bad.

Wow. This is a big demotion. BIG cut in salary too. Probably at least 50%.

Very sad to hear. The kids loved Belin. He'll likely be making another jump back to coaching sometime very soon. He wants to be a Head Coach some day.

Not really. Dude didn't cut it. This "lets take care of our own even if they can't do the job" mentality is why Wake athletics are such shit right now. It's disgusting.

Good job by Clawson to actually hold somebody accountable.

However if the offense remains as flaccid as the last two seasons and Ruggerio still has a job this time next year, then I will stand corrected.

Last edited:
Not really. Dude didn't cut it. This "lets take care of our own even if they can't do the job" mentality is why Wake athletics are such shit right now. It's disgusting.

Good job by Clawson to actually hold somebody accountable.

However if the offense remains as flaccid as the last two seasons and Ruggerio still has a job this time next year, then I will stand corrected.

His unit was probably our strongest every year he was here.

His unit was probably our strongest every year he was here.

Exactly... I was going to say just this. LB was our deepest and strongest position the last few years... and Belin recruited well. That might be the "argument" to say "let's make him do it full-time," but this is certainly a demotion in terms of hierarchy.

Exactly... I was going to say just this. LB was our deepest and strongest position the last few years... and Belin recruited well. That might be the "argument" to say "let's make him do it full-time," but this is certainly a demotion in terms of hierarchy.

I mean as Director of Recruiting, he can't do any actual recruiting other than when guys are on visits, right? So doesn't seem like that's a great argument either

As bad as our teams have been, this is close to the smartest kid on the short bus.

Wake Forest: Warren Belin, who coached the linebackers the past three seasons, is moving to a director of high school relations and director of recruiting role. We would be surprised if Wake hires anyone other than Clark Lea to fill the linebackers role. Lea previously coached linebackers at Syracuse, UCLA and Bowling Green.

Maybe something will come out later but I still don't get it. Belin coaches a guy to All ACC and from this thread is a good recruiter. Replace him with a guy who got fired at Syracuse in November and nobody picked up and give Belin limited chances to get a job 99% are filled? There has to be more to this.

Back