• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CMM comes through again: inbounds pass and airball

All three end game plays we had when the game was still in the balance included zero passes by our offense. Two horrible, HORRIBLE end game plays by Crawford and then CMMs dribble around and throw up an airball.

How about that senior leadership tonight. Cannot wait for McIntyre to graduate. Thomas with 7 points and being dominated on the boards for 50 minutes was pretty impressive too.

Really great inbounds play drawn up by the head man to have every one run away from the ball.

Seniors are now 18-50 in ACC regular season games during their career.

That was awful. Freaking awful.

No time out at the end of regulation? Call a TO at half court and design a play to get a good shot off.

WTH was that inbounds play? A freakin' LOB under the opposing teams basket??? HELL...throw the damn ball down the court and let someone go get it. At least it's not under their basket. Or...call a TO.

WTF ever. I'm done with this BS. That ish looks like rec ball.

You CAN win with the kids on this team...they just need to be coached. Good God.

Really great inbounds play drawn up by the head man to have every one run away from the ball.

Who was the primary option on the pass? Dinos sprinting the length the court? Crab making what would be at best a contested catch on the sideline? The other two guys barely moving?

Correct me if I'm wrong...but there were NO SCREENS SET on that inbounds play under Pitt's basket.

NONE.

For real...we've all played pick-up and set the screen to free up a guy to catch the inbounds pass. Without a coach telling us.

If you've ever played organized ball, your VOLUNTEER coach more than likely had at least one inbounds play that was automatic when the other team is pressing after a made basket.

Holy hell. Holy, holy hell.

Correct me if I'm wrong...but there were NO SCREENS SET on that inbounds play under Pitt's basket.

NONE.

For real...we've all played pick-up and set the screen to free up a guy to catch the inbounds pass. Without a coach telling us.

If you've ever played organized ball, your VOLUNTEER coach more than likely had at least one inbounds play that was automatic when the other team is pressing after a made basket.

We are speaking the same language. This team makes Y ball mistakes, repeatedly.

Danny Manning is bar none the worst head basketball coach to ever coach at WFU. At least [name redacted] showed effort, put together game plans, made in game adjustments, didn't control his assistants, etc.... Do you think Randolph Childresss wants to sit there in silence every game and watch as our team makes low IQ plays over and over? Randolph is one of the most intense guys with a winning mentality that DOES NOT accept mediocrity. He's being forced to be a pawn in mannings pathetic game. Hurts to watch.

Effort... We lack it.

Childress made his own bed by allowing Wellman to use him as a human shield. I hate to see one of my childhood idols go down like this, but I struggle to feel sympathy.

NONE.

Seriously, this is on target. My only problem with CMM is not calling time out there. It should be simple to get your two best FT shooters together for a pick and roll back to the inbounder situation for that inbounds.

Childress made his own bed by allowing Wellman to use him as a human shield. I hate to see one of my childhood idols go down like this, but I struggle to feel sympathy.

Childress was retained for one reason and one reason only...Harry Giles.

However, if DM stepped down right now and Childress was handed the reins, I think we might have a better shot at winning a game or two.

^it hurts. I keep thinking Randolph will get some semblance of poetic justice. At this right, I'm probably wrong.
#creamywrongness

Childress was retained for one reason and one reason only...Harry Giles.

However, if DM stepped down right now and Childress was handed the reins, I think we might have a better shot at winning a game or two.

There's no doubt in my mind. The players aren't being motivated. We have the same problem now that we had the 4 years with Jeff bz. I am starting to fear that we could lose one of our Freshmen in the off season. I would transfer if I were them.

Mr Clutch. I want him with the ball in his hands with the game on the line.

You are an idiot. Codi was 6 of 10 from the field, had 9 assists to 4 turnovers and was 5 of 6 from the line. If anything, he shouldn't have even been taking the ball out of bounds but should have been the first option to receive the inbounds. 18 points, 9 assists and 5 rebounds.

Back