• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU vs. Boston College - An Exercise in Masochism

How many wins with a completely full roster? I dont remember when CMM came back.

CMM's first game back was against UNCG, so our record with a full squad is 4-14.

BC sucks but it was nice to see us win a game and win it by a huge margin.

To be fair, they are ranked ahead of Appalachain State and just behind Houston Baptist. They are basically where we were during our low point under [Redacted].

I don't care who it was, for us to hold a team to 14 points in a half and 4 points with less than 10 minutes left in the first half was quite an accomplish for our defensively challenged team.

A small thing about Moore's game that I really like is his ability to reach out and bring rebounds in that appear to be outside his area. His size and wingspan allows him to nab some that don't look to be coming near him - I would say this also indicates that he has good, soft hands, which may be the most important attribute to have in a big man like him.

He also tipped a few balls to team mates and past BC players. He couldn't control the ball completely but he did influence where it went with a few fingers. Wilbekin was the recipient of at least one of those tips.

I don't care who it was, for us to hold a team to 14 points in a half and 4 points with less than 10 minutes left in the first half was quite an accomplish for our defensively challenged team.

Agree. WF had not won a game all year by more than 10 points and that includes games against UMBC, Coastal Carolina, Rutgers and UNC-G. BC has played Michigan State and all of the ACC heavyweights, and no body beat up BC in the first half like WF did last night. Good teams beat bad teams easily. WF acted like a good team last night. Rare treat.

I watched the 1st half live on Sling TV through my Xbox One and it absolutely sucked in terms of quality and pausing/refreshing (w/ gigabit service).
I watched the 2nd half via ESPN3 replay on my Roku 3 and it worked like a dream.

I'm beginning to think that I should just stop using my Xbox One for streaming. It sucks.

Blame Sling. I have the same problem with sling on my Roku 3...watch ESPN works (for the most part)

He also tipped a few balls to team mates and past BC players. He couldn't control the ball completely but he did influence where it went with a few fingers. Wilbekin was the recipient of at least one of those tips.

yeah I've seen that - a little bit of the ole Rodman

The two moves by JC almost back to back (the bogus charge wiping out and-1 along with the dirty fake and drop step) were almost more reason to be excited than Cigs breakout game. Those JC moves looked like a guy that could average 15 a night with the increase in touches and hopefully less foul trouble.

Man, if JC can develop a reliable jumper 15 or so feet out then he and Doral could really compliment each other well.

Man, if JC can develop a reliable jumper 15 or so feet out then he and Doral could really compliment each other well.

I'd say he's already got a pretty good 15 ft jumper. Maybe closer to 12 or 13, but he has knocked down some elbow jumpers that really stress a 2-3 defense.

Everybody got a chance to exhale, smile and enjoy Deacon BB last night. Who would have thought Wake would win a blow out? Doral got his chance to start and proved worthy. JC played a productive 19 minutes. CMM and BC had good games and look like they have learned to play together. Wilbekin was solid. Dinos, McC and Rondale have seen better games but did nothing to diminish the evening. The team even showed energy and effort on D in the first half and were rewarded for their efforts. For me, the best moment of the night was when I saw Doral would start. It loaned credence to Manning's assertion that he was behind DT on the depth chart and I was fairly certain Doral would seize the moment. For a change I was right.

Of course this was BC they were playing. Notre Dame is a different matter.

I would like to see JC be able to get 25-28mins a game. He's just a magnet for fouls! Hopefully an offseason in the weight room coupled with adjusting to this level of play will make him a tough matchup. He's special, he has the frame to add muscle and he already has a fairly polished offensive game. Just needs to put the work in this summer on his defense. I think he and Crawford are both NBA caliber.

I would like to see JC be able to get 25-28mins a game. He's just a magnet for fouls! Hopefully an offseason in the weight room coupled with adjusting to this level of play will make him a tough matchup. He's special, he has the frame to add muscle and he already has a fairly polished offensive game. Just needs to put the work in this summer on his defense. I think he and Crawford are both NBA caliber.

Right now JC seems like he is the next WF designated foul magnet, following in the august footsteps of "the mangler" and other Wake bigs who were foul prone

Being a frosh and fouling not the same as having a rep for it.

JC has almost as many fouls (54) as Devin (64) with fewer than half as many minutes (307) to Devins (656). One foul evey 5+ minutes of court time.That is how reputations start.

I watched the 1st half live on Sling TV through my Xbox One and it absolutely sucked in terms of quality and pausing/refreshing (w/ gigabit service).
I watched the 2nd half via ESPN3 replay on my Roku 3 and it worked like a dream.

I'm beginning to think that I should just stop using my Xbox One for streaming. It sucks.

Does anyone have an explanation for why watching games on ESPN3 on Xbox is so bad? I can watch Netflix fine with Xbox. I can watch ESPN3 on my computer fine. I watch ESPN3 on my Xbox and it looks like a jumbled mess that skips and repeats.

Back