• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Men's Golf

tumblr_ou26lk5ADr1qmob6ro1_400.gif

Sonja Henie’s out.

Good day for Deacon golf. Tied for second, two strokes behind the leader and 10 strokes better than sixth. Good opportunity to survive and advance.

I agree we are in good shape to advance, but, are you TRYING to jinx us? Have you been a Wake fan for very long? Geez...

Glad you agree Fitzy will come up big tomorrow ... this won is on the books ... boys and girls are proving we are a golf school once again ... thank you Mr. Palmer!

-2 so far today. 3 back of first and 11 up on 6th. Weird to see these B1G teams continue to go so low.

Glad you agree Fitzy will come up big tomorrow ... this won is on the books ... boys and girls are proving we are a golf school once again ... thank you Mr. Palmer!

We all agreed that Fitzy would set the trend today and take the pressure off the big boys and glad to see we were all right ...

-2 so far today. 3 back of first and 11 up on 6th. Weird to see these B1G teams continue to go so low.

I belong to a course in Maryland with a pretty storied history. The past few years the course has hosted the the Big Ten tournament. One of the Illinois guys missed his plane and was unable to play in the practice round. He showed up the next day and broke the course record. Illinois has won 4 straight Big Ten titles. I still can't understand how Illinois has such a good golf program.

I belong to a course in Maryland with a pretty storied history. The past few years the course has hosted the the Big Ten tournament. One of the Illinois guys missed his plane and was unable to play in the practice round. He showed up the next day and broke the course record. Illinois has won 4 straight Big Ten titles. I still can't understand how Illinois has such a good golf program.

Strong Euro connections.

Illinois coach is a great player and teacher. Has won PGA club pro more than once and played in tour events.

After the Hossler injury before the match play finals a few years back, substitutions are now allowed in the regionals and championship.

Scores are really low today. Illinois running away with things, but we're still 9 up on 6th place. Our worst score is +1.

We all agreed that Fitzy would set the trend today and take the pressure off the big boys and glad to see we were all right ...

Everyone knew that Fitzy would carry us today but quite a shock to see Illinois play this well ... none of us saw that coming ... good news is they will be a non-factor in the big dance ...

Wake is -5 on the back nine. Let's get a few more birdies and tie up 2nd place. I doubt we can catch Illinois for the win.

Everyone knew that Fitzy would carry us today but quite a shock to see Illinois play this well ... none of us saw that coming ... good news is they will be a non-factor in the big dance ...

Once Eric caught word that Fitzy took all the pressure off he went out and made a couple birds on the back as well ... great effort by the boys today ....

Morikawa playing more like himself. -4 on the day and Cal looks to be comfortably through as well.

In other ACC teams news, Duke and Carolina look to be through, while State and VA look like they are going home.

we all knew that Clemson Duke and Georgia Tech would go through as well but the surprise of the tournament has been Illinois so far ... good news is we all agree they won't be heard from in the big dance ...

Back