• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Volleyball Coach Abusive?

"Wellman told the OGB that he’s pleased about the direction of the team and that all of the issues with the team had been addressed."

Of course he did.

I'm waiting with baited breath for BKF's response to this story.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

All this time, I thought Wellman hiring Buzz was the worst thing he's done; but this is completely unacceptable on a whole nother level.

What exactly is the argument to keep this guy? Just so they can try to deny that Wellman made a mistake and hired a lunatic? His performance alone is enough to fire him:

"Murczek is now in his fourth season coaching the volleyball team. He currently has the lowest winning record of any Wake Forest volleyball coach in the past 20 years."

(though, to be fair, I'm not exactly sure what to make of "lowest winning record," but it doesn't sound good)

Last edited:
jYmdiLr.png

All this time, I thought Wellman hiring Buzz was the worst thing he's done; but this is completely unacceptable on a whole nother level.

What exactly is the argument to keep this guy? Just so they can try to deny that Wellman made a mistake and hired a lunatic? His performance alone is enough to fire him:

"Murczek is now in his fourth season coaching the volleyball team. He currently has the lowest winning record of any Wake Forest volleyball coach in the past 20 years."

That's hard to do. I don't remember Wake ever having a competitive volleyball team.

“Talking about the past isn’t going to do any good,” Wellman said. “We’ve moved on. This year’s team is much different."

Sounds like a response to another one of Wellman's decisions.

Last edited:
While it's fun to play jury and judge on a message board, in this day and age, haven't we learned to take nothing at face value?

Each allegation may be true. In the alternative, the allegations may have no basis at all.

WF needs to perform a reasonable investigation and then make a determination based upon fact.

Too many people saying the same thing.....at different schools over an extended period of time.
He has to be gone quickly or it will be impossible to recruit.

While it's fun to play jury and judge on a message board, in this day and age, haven't we learned to take nothing at face value?

Each allegation may be true. In the alternative, the allegations may have no basis at all.

WF needs to perform a reasonable investigation and then make a determination based upon fact.

The troubling thing is it seems like this wasn't some long-standing secret that just came out. It seems like people have been trying to complain about this to Hatch, Wellman, etc., for a long time.

Ciara Appelbaum quit the women’s volleyball team just one year after coming to Wake Forest. As a result, she lost her athletic scholarship.

“I just couldn’t stand to watch the administration turn a blind eye to the players’ struggles and fears about Ken [Murczek],” she said. “I don’t want him to continue this cycle at another school, even if he leaves Wake.”
She is one of three players and three assistant coaches who have quit since Murczek started coaching at Wake Forest in 2013. Only six players remain on the current team.

Murczek is now in his fourth season coaching the volleyball team. He currently has the lowest winning record of any Wake Forest volleyball coach in the past 20 years.

So why is Wellman standing by this guy?

So why is Wellman standing by this guy?

Because he's an idiot who should've been out of a job a long time ago. The guy from the ticket office called and left me a message to call and renew my football tickets and I really want to say I would be buying any more tickets until Wellman is gone, but I can't imagine a fall without having season tickets for football, so I'm going to renew. This shit show of an Athletic Department we have is a complete joke though.

Because he's an idiot who should've been out of a job a long time ago. The guy from the ticket office called and left me a message to call and renew my football tickets and I really want to say I would be buying any more tickets until Wellman is gone, but I can't imagine a fall without having season tickets for football, so I'm going to renew. This shit show of an Athletic Department we have is a complete joke though.

Dude you'll be able to walk up and buy tickets for cheap outside the stadium all season.

Back