• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shooting at an Orlando Gay Night Club

Uhhh, no it isn't. I'm all for gun regulation, but Happy Land killed more gays than this just with gasoline. If you want to take out a bunch of people, there are plenty of ways to do it.

Of course there are plenty of ways to do it, but taking away one of the more common and easier ones seems to be a pretty damn good place to start.

Of course there are plenty of ways to do it, but taking away one of the more common and easier ones seems to be a pretty damn good place to start.

Stop making sense. More gasoline deaths and less maternity leave is the answer.

Can someone please explain to me the logic behind 1.) opposing stricter background checks for gun purchases and 2.) opposing a ban on assault rifles?

Can someone please explain to me the logic behind 1.) opposing stricter background checks for gun purchases and 2.) opposing a ban on assault rifles?

Because keeping guns out of the hands of dangerous people makes it harder for us to get guns to defend ourselves against dangerous people with guns.

It's a slippery slope. Do you want the Queen of England coming over here and taking your musket?

I don't care what this guy's motivation was - radical Islam, LGBT hate, mental illness, general asshole, whatever. The fact that he had access to an assault weapon is the problem.

I think the easy access to an assault weapon was part of the problem but we shouldn't overlook what his beliefs were and how he came to hold them. You can take away the gun but someone who feels it's their duty to kill gays can still find ways to kill them.

I think the easy access to an assault weapon was part of the problem but we shouldn't overlook what his beliefs were and how he came to hold them. You can take away the gun but someone who feels it's their duty to kill gays can still find ways to kill them.

He shot close to 100 people, dude.

Uhhh, no it isn't. I'm all for gun regulation, but Happy Land killed more gays than this just with gasoline. If you want to take out a bunch of people, there are plenty of ways to do it.

See this line gets used a lot. But for some reason, all of the people who "want to take out a bunch of people" seem to be using the same weapon. Quite a strange coincidence, very peculiar

How else are you going to be able to injure 100 people that wouldn't take significantly more effort and skill than going to the store and buying an AR-15?

He shot close to 100 people, dude.

I know, which is why I said the easy access to an assault weapon is part of the problem. But he could have set off a bomb in the middle of the place and killed just as many people. Which is why it's important to look into the motivation- how did he come to have this hatred for gay people.

I know, which is why I said the easy access to an assault weapon is part of the problem. But he could have set off a bomb in the middle of the place and killed just as many people. Which is why it's important to look into the motivation- how did he come to have this hatred for gay people.

Right, but you have to have a hell of a lot of skill to build a bomb by yourself that can take out 100 people. Just because someone could theoretically do it doesn't mean that this guy would be able to. I'm not convinced that the assault rifle wasn't the entire problem here

oh, gee, in this country? Haven't the slightest how someone in America might come to take issue with the gay community cause CERTAINLY none of our leaders or citizens try to demonize them as perverted child rapists.

See this line gets used a lot. But for some reason, all of the people who "want to take out a bunch of people" seem to be using the same weapon. Quite a strange coincidence, very peculiar

The Boston bombers didn't use the same weapon did they? The single biggest domestic mass killing before this one was a bomb wasn't it- back in the twenties. Timothy McVeigh didn't use a gun.

He had easy access to a gun because he worked for a British security contractor for a decade.

They shut down the two FBI investigations that were initiated on him.

The Boston bombers didn't use the same weapon did they? The single biggest domestic mass killing before this one was a bomb wasn't it- back in the twenties. Timothy McVeigh didn't use a gun.

How many fertilizer bombs were used in a mass killing this week? If the answer is less than 7, well...

I'm sorry, how many people were killed by the Boston bombing? Like 3 right? You're making my point for me

Back