• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DNC 2016 thread

"Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
also boyz II men is way sweeter than john coglan davis i'm sorry to say rj"

That may be the....END OF THE ROAD for RJKarl.

Maybe he can apologize....ON BENDED KNEE.

Ignorance and snarkiness are not a good combination....

If they are going to have music at the convention, they should have Tim Kaine play his harmonica with local music hero John Coglan-Davis. Johnny will bring this sleepy bastards to their feet.

i can find literally nothing about this local music hero on the internet

LEGEND.

25z126g.jpg

FOUND HIM!

http://www.dukesofdestiny.com/about.html

The Dukes of Destiny have released four CDs The Dukes of Destiny (1991), House of Forbidden Love” (1997), Dukes of Destiny 3” ( 2004) featuring 6 original compositions by John Colgan-Davis and the debut of Arlyn Wolters, and Higher, (2013) which features original compositions by Arlyn Wolters, AC Steel and John Colgan-Davis. Clearly, The Dukes continue to produce strong and unique hihg quality music. They continue to be “Philly’s longest lived and best loved blues band.”

"John Colgan-Davis, harmonica and vocals, started playing the harmonica in local blues and folk clubs back in the late 1960s while he was still a high school student. He played and recorded with Philadelphia singer-guitarist Jesse Graves and played with Bonnie Raitt when she lived in Philadelphia in the early 1970's. Through Bonnie, John got to meet and play with Mississippi Fred McDowell, Arthur Crudup, Buddy Guy, Skip James, Mississippi John Hurt, and others. He has also jammed with James Cotton, John Hammond, Charlie Musselwhite, John Lee Hooker, Bill Dicey, and Louisiana Red. He has toured the Midwest and recorded two CDs—“Cold and Lonesome on a Train” and “Heroes and Hard Times”—with Tennessee bluesman Sparky Rucker, and played for three years with The John Cadillac Band. A founding member of The Dukes of Destiny."

You're he's a nobody and hasn't player with anyone. JCB opened for people like Rick Danko, John Mayall and several others.

See John with Dukes of Destiny at the World Cafe Live on August 12th. If you like the blues and will be back from your honeymoon, it's a show you shouldn't miss.

cool so a set musician that only hyperlocal septuagenarians would know should play the convention instead of the act with 50 weeks at #1

they took down the mississippi state flag from broad

READ what I posted...I SAID NOTHING about him being better or more appropriate than B2M. .It's BECAUSE Tim Kaine loves to the play the HARMONICA. Johnny is a local harmonica legend who has played of bluesmen. Bonnie lost John's phone number and took out an ad on WMMR to get him to play gigs with her including the legendary sigma Sound show.

I thought you might have changed a little, maybe you have and this a hiccup.

Tim Kaine likes to play his harmonica.

For all those playing RJkarl bingo, he just mentioned Rick Danko

It wasn't a typical name drop, but I'll still count it

You aren't seriously putting a middle school teacher as a better musical act than boys II men

I NEVER said ANYTHING like that.

This is what I said:

"If they are going to have music at the convention, they should have Tim Kaine play his harmonica with local music hero John Coglan-Davis. Johnny will bring this sleepy bastards to their feet."

It's about the VP candidate playing his instrument of choice with a local.

I hope this is a blip for Townie...don't get sucked in with him...

Ive never heard that term. Ive heard of session musicians and "sidemen" but I have never heard the term set musician.

Back