• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Stadium Experiences

Been to a bunch of baseball stadiums, GABP in Cincy is nothing special, but the attached Reds baseball museum and experience is huge and puts the stadium near the top for fan experiences.

Juice hates Wrigley because to him it's just one giant micro aggression.

I love the place and hope to have my ashes scattered there after my friends carry me around Myrtle Beach Weekend at Bernie's style.

Watched Washington host Oregon at Husky Stadium in a night game a few years back. People make fun of west coast football, but that's a fucking awesome campus, stadium and scene. Just gorgeous way to go through the afternoon with the lake and the boats and everything, and then that stadium was fucking LOUD (well, at least until the Ducks blew them the fuck out in the 2nd half).

Sat in the upper deck at Huskie stadium when they played LSU. Great view of the Lake in the background. As for Wrigley, I've been there during the Air Show over Lake Michigan (2nd weekend in August). Nothing like a fly over by the Thunderbirds during the 7th inning stretch. Left on the bucket list: Home games at Colorado, Texas, Bama, Air Force, UGa, Tenn, the new Baylor Stadium.

Fenway > Wrigley.

The Legends Suite at Yankee Stadium with seats behind home plate is a great experience at a new park.

Anyone been to Baylor's new football stadium? It looks great, right on the river. I imagine the tailgate scene is a tad more sedate than some other SW/SE venues...

Wrigley sucks and wrigleyville is the city's largest concentration of mouth-breathing dumbasses.

I haven't been there since 1990. Sounds like it hasn't changed that much. I had a better time at old Comiskey.

I haven't been to as many stadiums as most of you but there CANNOT POSSIBLY BE a worse overall experience than Fedex Field. Simply not possible.

A buddy of mine received 2 tickets to the 2014 Iron Bowl in Tuscaloosa from his wife as a part of her wedding gift to him. Naturally, he took me to the game instead of his wife. We had to pick up the tickets at Will Call and figured we would be sitting in the nose bleeds since tickets to that game are so hard to come by. Turns out our seats were 3rd row behind Bama's bench on the 10 yard line next to the massive student section. Bama won 55-44 in a shootout where Auburn was in the game up until the last few drives. Never heard a stadium that loud and wild. Awesome experience hearing 100k fans sing Rammer Jammer.

Too bad, you missed perhaps the greatest Iron Bowl ever complete with full stadium Rammer Jammer singing by just one year.

I agree on Fenway > Wrigley... But I am not a huge fan of either place and I am more of a baseball fan than any other sport. Nostalgia and old-timey baseball are great, but both of those places need to be torn down. Most of the new stadiums are much better experiences.

Agree w/ Brews that the "cock block" @ UF in 2006 was fantastic and very loud. I miss going to most UF games now that I am up in Atlanta. The Tebow years (when I was in grad school there) were a lot of fun.

Best sports experience I have ever had was Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals when Carolina beat Edmonton. I am not a huge hockey fan, but I had season tickets that year (and the year before) and went to most every Hurricanes game. That was easily the loudest I have ever heard a sporting event (aside from NASCAR).

I need to do more college football stadiums. Have only done Wake Forest, UF, USC-Cocks, UT-Vols, Syracuse, Navy, UGA, GT, BC, NCSU... and UF/UGA in Jax.

I haven't been to as many stadiums as most of you but there CANNOT POSSIBLY BE a worse overall experience than Fedex Field. Simply not possible.

Army-Navy at FedEx is a good way to balance that out

Tru dat. Pittsburgh's PNC Park may be even nicer than SF.

PNC is great. I was visiting Pitt for work. I went to a game there and wore my Machado jersey. Had quite a few people come up to me and ask how I liked the place. Very neat place and nice fans (unlike Steelers fans).

When I lived in Rockville, I was 16 miles closer to FedEx than Ravens stadium. However, I could get home at least 20 minutes sooner from a Ravens game. The traffic in and out of FedEx is so awful.

The LJVMC used to be a fun, loud place to watch a basketball game. They even had this superfan dwarf with a battle axe.

I agree on Fenway > Wrigley... But I am not a huge fan of either place and I am more of a baseball fan than any other sport. Nostalgia and old-timey baseball are great, but both of those places need to be torn down. Most of the new stadiums are much better experiences.

Agree. The new ballparks like PNC Park in Pittsburgh, AT&T Park, and Camden Yards are much better places to see games than Wrigley or Fenway. That said, I'm glad I've seen games in both, but they have long outlived their usefulness. I saw one game in Fenway with seats down the right field line. Looking straight ahead, I was looking at the right fielder. I had to turn my head 45 degrees to look at home plate. Very uncomfortable.

If you had a choice between Sanford Stadium or the Cocktail Party in J'ville, which would you choose?

Agree. The new ballparks like PNC Park in Pittsburgh, AT&T Park, and Camden Yards are much better places to see games than Wrigley or Fenway. That said, I'm glad I've seen games in both, but they have long outlived their usefulness. I saw one game in Fenway with seats down the right field line. Looking straight ahead, I was looking at the right fielder. I had to turn my head 45 degrees to look at home plate. Very uncomfortable.

Sat in those seats for a Sox/Yanks game and the angles were all messed up. Other seats in Fenway were fine. Concourses are disasters at both Fenway and Wrigley.

"New" Chisox yard is the worst of the modern parks. Comiskey was much better. New Marlins Park is physically sound, but a game there is painful with the three hour contrived douchefest. Serious headache.

Going to Nats Park for first time. RFK was right up there with Candlestick and Oakland for serious soulless shitholes. Baseball, hot dogs, apple pie, and Slumdog Millionaire don't mix. At least on TV, Nats Park looks like a cross between Philly's and Cleveland's yards.

Back