• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Excelsior: Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, a good bagel should have a nice chewy crust on its own; you don't want to toast that. the point of toasting a bagel would be to give it that bit of chew (that you'd normally get from boiling) and make it less like donut-shaped bread.

This is the joint a block from my house, generally the best bagel in LA, which shows how they do em.

New Yawkers say don't toast a bagel. Which it's true that truly great ones don't need it.

That's why Montreal bagels are better -- they're baked in a wood-burning oven so have a nice hint of smoky char.

with pizza on a bagel, you can eat pizza any time.

jason-voorhees-friday-13th.jpg

I will test this untoasted theory out, while I've had plenty of untoasted bagels, I haven't had one at this particular spot.

Yessir, we also have some great donut places around here, which makes it a tougher choice. But I would choose biscuit just for the amount of times I eat at Biscuit Head.

What are the good donut places? Id like to get to Asheville soon and I want donuts!

Damn. Just called to insure our new car, and even after adding it to our policy, we're still paying less per month than in DC with just one car.

How much do you spend per month on public transportation in Asheville ?

I LOVE a good biscuit and if there's a buffet with all 4 options, I would eat the biscuit right then and there... but if I have to only pick one for the rest of time, I would have to go bagel. You can't make biscuits and lox... and I eat a bagel 4 out of 5 days a week for lunch.
Isn't there a famous biscuit spot in the Portland area?

I will test this untoasted theory out, while I've had plenty of untoasted bagels, I haven't had one at this particular spot.
Get a more savory bagel, not these cinnamon raisin with peanut butter and sprinkles things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back