• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Excelsior: Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bodo's bagels in Charlottesville makes the best bagel I've had outside of NYC.

There's a massive water main break squirting up like 25 feet and we don't really have water. The toilet doesn't really flush well and the water fountains are dribbling. Should probably let us go home....

I like bagels. Are ones from Bagel Station in Winston moderately "good"? I've been there maybe three times now, and get those toasted with butter (I hate cream cheese). I've never in my life heard that toasting a bagel was a move for noobs. Can I microwave it to make a warm surface for melty butter? Or you are just saying it is only acceptable to have a bagel without any topping at all?

Homemade pizza bagels are yummy.

I mean, I'm going to keep getting a bagel a couple times a year the way I like it, but apparently I've been offending the bagel purists.

It is definitely legit good. I get the McIsley - fried chicken, mustard, honey, and pickles on a biscuit. :drool:

My friend sent me this pic of the Reggie Delux when he was there recently - fried chicken, egg, bacon, cheese and gravy.

01d63e2df068c60c56e4e98edde6fdbc.jpg

Y'all gotta hit Biscuit Head here. You can get a gravy flight! They have a bacon of the day! And pretty much anything you want on the biscuit.

Y'all gotta hit Biscuit Head here. You can get a gravy flight! They have a bacon of the day! And pretty much anything you want on the biscuit.

Yeah I usually go with the classic w/ bacon (egg/cheese/bacon on the biscuit) and then add a side of the fried chicken gravy to pour on top of it (has chunks of the fried chicken on top/with it), pretty similar to the biscuit above when it's all said and done.

My friend sent me this pic of the Reggie Delux when he was there recently - fried chicken, egg, bacon, cheese and gravy.

I had this when I was in Portland. It was legit.

Got some Biscuit Bitch in Seattle this past weekend. Also super tight. Think I liked it a little bit more, but might have just been how hungry I was. It was also a much longer wait.

Bodo's bagels in Charlottesville makes the best bagel I've had outside of NYC.

Apparently we need to give them another shot because we've heard the same thing. But when we were in Cville for a wedding last year and got bagels neither the hubs nor I thought they were good. Maybe a bad day?

We get legit awesome bagels near the in laws' house in NJ. AWAR is spot on with the Taylor ham, egg, and cheese.

Anyone had Mason Dixie biscuits at Union Market in DC? Was there for the first time in a while today and they caught my eye (although I had been craving something from another place so got that instead). Might have to try the biscuit place next time unless I hear bad things.

Anyone had Mason Dixie biscuits at Union Market in DC? Was there for the first time in a while today and they caught my eye (although I had been craving something from another place so got that instead). Might have to try the biscuit place next time unless I hear bad things.

I haven't. The few times I've been there when it's been open the line has been pretty silly.

I was looking at the Amazon baby registry for a friend of mine and had to laugh at the circled description under Pampers Swaddlers diapers. :

Along these lines, has anyone seen the commercial for the colon cancer product that asks you to take a shit and mail it to them?

Along these lines, has anyone seen the commercial for the colon cancer product that asks you to take a shit and mail it to them?

jesus

the jew finally shows up on the scene and offers nothing about bagels--his wheelhouse--but instead comments on diapers

DIAPERS

Apparently we need to give them another shot because we've heard the same thing. But when we were in Cville for a wedding last year and got bagels neither the hubs nor I thought they were good. Maybe a bad day?

We get legit awesome bagels near the in laws' house in NJ. AWAR is spot on with the Taylor ham, egg, and cheese.

shoulda gone to Cookout instead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back