• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Excelsior: Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's your address again?

sorry, my robe has come out of retirement now that i'm living w/ dudes. looking forward to being in a situation where it can go back on its hook.

The Four Seasons? I think people think it has one way glass, but it definitely doesn't (obviously). A buddy of mine works at an accounting firm over in Harbor East that faces the Four Seasons and sees naked people all the time.

I think this was a holiday inn or something. The Standard in NYC is famous for having perfectly clear glass so people can show off to voyeurs on the High Line.

Starving or dehydrating myself is not the ticket to sustainable weight loss. Just gotta burn more calories than I take in.

The correct way to think about it is take in fewer calories than you burn.

First, lolol, that's hilarious.

Second, what, y'all have tryouts? The only reason xc is at all popular in high schools is because teams rarely cut anyone.

Yah xc is just the skinny kids that can't play football

Tryouts is definitely a loose term. It is more like the first two days are designed to see who is in decent shape and who is willing to stick with XC. Nobody gets cut. And yeah everyone running is doing so because they want to play soccer, basketball or run track later in the year and the coaches are making them do it to get in shape. Only a few are genuinely "talented".

In an attempt to be healthier, this week I bought a canister of plain oatmeal instead of the packets with added flavors and sugar (even though I would buy reduced sugar, it's still there of course). This plain oatmeal is nasty. The texture is different than the packets, and to make it vaguely palatable today I have mixed in cinnamon, peanut butter, raisins, and a Truvia packet. Probably no better at this point than the other kind, which also got raisins and peanut butter. Maybe one of these days I'll become a person who eats just for sustenance and doesn't have to enjoy it, but that's not me now (and I don't really want it to be). I'd rather always want to lose 5 lbs, than to stop enjoying food.

RTQ has to be trolling us now. With the amount exercising that you're doing there is no way in hell that changing the type of oatmeal you have for breakfast is going to remotely affect your healthiness.

And while we're on the topic of nutrition, what in the hell is going on that all of y'all are getting allergic to foods later on in life. I can maybe understand food allergies from birth, but developing a midlife food allergy seems like something Darwin and his monkeys should have rooted out a long time ago. Am I just genetically superior to all of you? Because I'm not allergic to anything, plus I weaned myself off allergy medicine when I moved to Texas. #stronglikebull

That being said I am a little worried that my stomach and beer are not in a healthy relationship any further. So much so that I haven't had one in 2.5 weeks since we got back from Europe. My goal is to hold out until ACL at the end of Sept, where I will be incapable of not consuming 8-10 beers each day.

I went through a period in my mid 20s when eating beef made me ill. I cut out burgers, steak, etc. for 6 months, then gradually reintroduced beef to my system once a month, then more frequently. No problems since. I also had a 5 year period when tequila gave me migraines within 30 minutes of drinking it. I can now drink a margarita again as long as it is made with a higher grade tequila, but I still limit them b/c I really dread getting a migraine.

Yeah, that's what happened to me with stone fruits and apples/pears. All of the sudden in my late 20s I started getting allergic. Sucks since those are all of the best fruits. Figured it out in the middle of nowhere Portugal when I scarfed down a bowl of cherries that were from the orchard outside the room I was staying in and then suddenly couldn't breathe. Luckily it subsided after 20 mins or so and I didn't die, but it scared the shit out of me. As a side note, although I didn't know it at the time, I wouldn't have actually died because the Brazilian minister of health and a bunch of his doctor friends were staying in the cottage next door and would have jumped in. He gave me an epi pen when I told him the next day at breakfast.

Did it make your lips and tongue tingle, eyes itch, and throat really itchy? Similarly, have you also found that you're allergic to peaches, celery, or strawberries?

B$ - how was the Open last night? Anything novel this year?

I'm headed there tonight.

It was pretty cool. Not sure if you are a VIP like your boy but they had a pretty dece dinner buffet and beer/wine. And greatest of all they had ladies slicing four different Maxie B's cakes. That place is the heat. Natty O approved.

Did it make your lips and tongue tingle, eyes itch, and throat really itchy? Similarly, have you also found that you're allergic to peaches, celery, or strawberries?

All of those things, and my throat started closing up. Peaches, being the quintessential stone fruit, are a big problem. Celery and strawberries are ok. My initial scratch test said that the only thing I was allergic to was carrots (which I am not) and the blood test I then took said I was allergic to peaches, plums, cherries, nectarines, apricots, apples, pears and other similar fruits (but not carrots). The doc also asked if I was allergic to green beans because there is a similar protein in them, but so far it doesn't appear that I am. Also, I'm only allergic to them when raw, since the protein that causes the allergy breaks down when cooked. So that's better than nothing.

So this guy (and his sister) may be mine soon

98580499-29ed-4a9b-9102-2ebb54d1c680.jpg

All of those things, and my throat started closing up. Peaches, being the quintessential stone fruit, are a big problem. Celery and strawberries are ok. My initial scratch test said that the only thing I was allergic to was carrots (which I am not) and the blood test I then took said I was allergic to peaches, plums, cherries, nectarines, apricots, apples, pears and other similar fruits (but not carrots). The doc also asked if I was allergic to green beans because there is a similar protein in them, but so far it doesn't appear that I am. Also, I'm only allergic to them when raw, since the protein that causes the allergy breaks down when cooked. So that's better than nothing.

What if you're sucking a guy's dick who eats a lot of Peaches ? Do you break out after taking his load ?

It just seems you are almost wanting to punish yourself. Hit Google and get some recommendations on how to make very good oatmeal if you want that for breakfast - there's a lot of recipes and information on how to prepare food quickly and tastily on the internet these days and not just randomly grabbing a can of store brand quick oats and microwaving it (surprisingly, it's kind of nasty that way).

If you like food and how it tastes (which it seems you do), be willing to treat yourself by spending a few minutes researching on how to get it to taste good. No reason to settle for less.

I mean, yeah, I do deny myself things as punishment. And this chat thread is my research so thanks for the link in the other post. I didn't expect the texture of the canister of Harris Teeter plain oats to be different than the delicious texture of Harris Teeter packet oats so I didn't expect to need research.

You run like 50 miles per week, ya ain't gonna be able to lose any more.

More like 30 miles/week lately, and I could certainly lose more than 5 lbs safely.

RTQ has to be trolling us now. With the amount exercising that you're doing there is no way in hell that changing the type of oatmeal you have for breakfast is going to remotely affect your healthiness.

I eat a lot of unhealthy things. I could be healthier (even if I don't lose weight or gain muscle/definition as a result) if I were willing to work at it, and trying plain oatmeal was a baby step. Trying to cut back on excessive sugar/preservatives/sodium/alcohol/whatever could make anyone healthier, even a moderate-mileage runner such as myself.

I mean, yeah, I do deny myself things as punishment. And this chat thread is my research so thanks for the link in the other post. I didn't expect the texture of the canister of Harris Teeter plain oats to be different than the delicious texture of Harris Teeter packet oats so I didn't expect to need research.

I think what he meant by punishment is that you can go to plain oats/not packaged oats and prepare them in such a way that they're still delicious. No need to eat food that tastes like cardboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back