• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dave Clawson Credibility Watch

At some point as a slow white guy I can't out think a guy who is a much better athlete than me..sounds good. Not practical

Yeah. Let's out-think the five star talent we play most weeks

You have to. Football is about schemes. It is always easier to have the best talent, but wake will never have that. You can give up, or you can be smarter than your opponent. Currently we are less talented and we play dumber.

At some point as a slow white guy I can't out think a guy who is a much better athlete than me..sounds good. Not practical

Then don't play. I don't think you and a bunch of your buddies can out smart top athletes. You have to be somewhat comparable athletically, but you have to use what you have.

You have to. Football is about schemes. It is always easier to have the best talent, but wake will never have that. You can give up, or you can be smarter than your opponent. Currently we are less talented and we play dumber.

Football, and sports in general, are about talent. Schemes separate equal levels of talent

so do you think app state has smarter coaches that tennessee?

Do you think they have comparable talent? Even if they did, their coaches were smarter in some way by being able to attract equal players to a much less attractive situation.

All things being equal Tennessee should dominate App St. Good thing that all coaches and schemes don't have to be equal.

Probably..Time will tell on Satterfield. and they have an experienced team. UT took them for granted. And in case you missed it they won.
So if they play ten times how many does app win?

Last edited:
Do you think they have comparable talent? Even if they did, their coaches were smarter in some way by being able to attract equal players to a much less attractive situation.

All things being equal Tennessee should dominate App St. Good thing that all coaches and schemes don't have to be equal.

We can all find an occasional upset. But do you think consistently the game with UT and app is close? And UT won. So there's that

Probably..Time will tell on Satterfield. and they have an experienced team. UT took them for granted. And in case you missed it they won

hold on. you really think the app state coaches are smarter than the tennesse coaches?

App wins bro. It may not be against big time teams. But they win!

hold on. you really think the app state coaches are smarter than the tennesse coaches?

Do you really think a smart offensive coach would not have Wake scoring many more point over the past 3 years? Do you think this is all about talent?

Running delayed hand-0ffs for 2 yards a play (on a very good day). Rarely spreading the ball around. No plays that surprise you.

None of this is about playing smart football?

imo talent wins and is more important than coaching. we are usually last in recrution and usually last in the standings. no surprise. wellman sucks but we shouldnt expect him to find a coach smarter than all the other coaches because i dont feel that exists.
ohhh nick saban is such a good coach. but he also has the best players.

Watched football all day - at all levels.

Dumbfounded how our staff and team were so underprepared and uncreative Thursday night. Inexcusable.

Every single offense I've seen today looks miles better than ours.

imo talent wins and is more important than coaching. we are usually last in recrution and usually last in the standings. no surprise. wellman sucks but we shouldnt expect him to find a coach smarter than all the other coaches because i dont feel that exists.
ohhh nick saban is such a good coach. but he also has the best players.

As I mentioned earlier, we are plagued right now by talent and scheme/coaching.

But to act like nick saban or anyone else could consistently beat Clemson, Louisville, fsu, and likely ncsu with this bunch of players is disingenuous. In the arms race of college football, we are a big time bottom feeder despite our recent upgrades.

As I mentioned earlier, we are plagued right now by talent and scheme/coaching.

But to act like nick saban or anyone else could consistently beat Clemson, Louisville, fsu, and likely ncsu with this bunch of players is disingenuous. In the arms race of college football, we are a big time bottom feeder despite our recent upgrades.

It's always binary with you types: Because we can't BE Clemson or FSU, we should fold. There's a LOT of acceptable room in college football other than perennial national championship teams.

Yeah right. And the coach will be gone the next year. See the problem?

Mackovic won 8 games in 1979....one of the two times that a WF coach not named Jim Grobe won as many as 8 games in the 65-year history of the ACC. A year later Tom Landry called with an offer to be the Cowboys' OC and Mackovic was gone.

Back