• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NC State -8

Crazy to think we had a great chance to go to 3 straight ACCCG from 06-08. And I'll argue that 09 was the most talented team that Grobe had during his tenure. That 09 team was extremely snake bit. Lost 5 game by a total of 13 points. Oh well, the life of a Wake fan.

09 Wake just didn't have the clutch factor. Wake was riding Skinner too hard, and while his stats reflected a strong season, he was nothing more than a game manager. The lack of a running game (which was all Grobe's fault, as he held Josh Adams back) reminds me of Duke last season when they had a strong 3 headed running monster of Sirk, Shaq and Jela but still decided to throw it 40+ times a game. Also, the defense in 09 wasn't the greatest either, teams ran all over them if memory serves correctly.

09 Wake just didn't have the clutch factor. Wake was riding Skinner too hard, and while his stats reflected a strong season, he was nothing more than a game manager. The lack of a running game (which was all Grobe's fault, as he held Josh Adams back) reminds me of Duke last season when they had a strong 3 headed running monster of Sirk, Shaq and Jela but still decided to throw it 40+ times a game. Also, the defense in 09 wasn't the greatest either, teams ran all over them if memory serves correctly.

The last part of your post is the key one. Riley had a great senior season where he was way more than a game manager. It was by miles the most productive offensive season we had under Lobo.

But our D was exposed post-Hood and all the guys we lost to the draft

Last edited:
Well you know, their coach says that they are going to recruit like Alabama.*

*Technically true: Neither even bothers recruiting 4*s out of high school.

So cute. What else is he supposed to say? He want's to attempt to out recruit App State and be happy with it? We do have a kid with an offer from Bama on the roster so i'll sounds like he's at least attempting to do what he said. :thumbsup:

Was Jordan Williams the one who dropped the long pass against ND? Was that even against ND? Which way is up?! Help me!!!

Was Jordan Williams the one who dropped the long pass against ND? Was that even against ND? Which way is up?! Help me!!!

Talking about Skinner's pass @ NCState that Marshall Williams dropped that would have won the game?

With ND, Clemson and L'ville next up for NCSU, I'm sure many a wolfie won't be losing sleep about us. ESPN "experts" are 3-1 wolfpack, but the margins of victory are 1,3,4 points. The one who picked us had us winning by a FG. WE WILL COVER.

Last edited:
I hope the fact that both Duke and Wake have won the ACC FB championship much more recently than NCSU drives their fans crazy. The last time they won it was in 1979. And the last time the Holes won it was in 1980.

Trust me. It does.

So cute. What else is he supposed to say? He want's to attempt to out recruit App State and be happy with it? We do have a kid with an offer from Bama on the roster so i'll sounds like he's at least attempting to do what he said. :thumbsup:

C'mon man. He's running a "hand in the dirt kinda program", right?

Disclaimer: I do not like N.C. State University.

After listening to Clawson's weekly press conference, I am not sure why we even are bothering on going down to Raleigh. He made it sound like we were going to play Alabama!

I come out of every Clawson Tuesday press conference feeling that way, tbh. He's not going to give the opposition any bulletin board material, and this program clearly isn't at a level yet where they can look past anybody.

I predict that the Deacs will get hairy early and not let up. Colburn will have another 100+ yard game, our defense will force 3 turnovers and we will win 31-20 to advance to 5-0 on the year.

I come out of every Clawson Tuesday press conference feeling that way, tbh. He's not going to give the opposition any bulletin board material, and this program clearly isn't at a level yet where they can look past anybody.

Grobe did the same thing. Every team we played either before or after we played them was a "great team"

Nothing better than Lou Holtz saying how scared of Navy he was.

C'mon man. He's running a "hand in the dirt kinda program", right?

Disclaimer: I do not like N.C. State University.

That was a great quote to connect with our fanbase but it hasn't proven to be true at all. Same as the "we want to recruit like Alabama" BS.

Trust me. It does.

okay, what is so very unfair to NC high school football athletes is the general failure of many, not all, but many and probably most high school coaches to recognize that WF is the school that has gone all the way, not State, not Duke and not Carolina. It does a disservice to the kids. In spite of all the inherent advantages that money brings to the other programs WF has actually done better at going all the way.

okay, what is so very unfair to NC high school football athletes is the general failure of many, not all, but many and probably most high school coaches to recognize that WF is the school that has gone all the way, not State, not Duke and not Carolina. It does a disservice to the kids. In spite of all the inherent advantages that money brings to the other programs WF has actually done better at going all the way.

:naughty:

Before Delaware he had me believing they had actual Michigan players in those Michigan helmets.

Back