• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NC State -8

Thanks for the misinformed tag, whomever you are.

I was speaking in terms of where we need to be if we wanted a Tier 2 bowl. Do I think 9-3 or 8-4 happens? No. I think 7-5 and 6-6 are much more likely.

Like I said in my pre-season thread, I see us at 7-5. Army, UVA, and BC are the wins. Probably in the Military bowl.

This is how pussies think.

Thanks for the misinformed tag, whomever you are.

I was speaking in terms of where we need to be if we wanted a Tier 2 bowl. Do I think 9-3 or 8-4 happens? No. I think 7-5 and 6-6 are much more likely.

Like I said in my pre-season thread, I see us at 7-5. Army, UVA, and BC are the wins. Probably in the Military bowl.

Would be really disappointed if WF lost again to a bad Syracuse team (coached by the guy who succeeded Clawson at BGSU; who is awful this year; guess Clawson left more talent there than Babers did).

Would be really disappointed if WF lost again to a bad Syracuse team (coached by the guy who succeeded Clawson at BGSU; who is awful this year; guess Clawson left more talent there than Babers did).

Their air-raid attack just gives me nightmares. I know we just had 5 picks, but I'm still worried about our secondary. Our CBs can - and have - gotten beat. We have young kids playing S.

Really? Given the choices some other conferences have I think the ACC has some pretty solid options. I guess that's just relative though and not looking at "is this city cool or not." I mean I doubt many Wake fans make a trip to Detroit or Shreveport around Christmas. St. Pete is at least better.

Tier 3: Annapolis, Shrevport, Detroit, St. Petersburg, Birmingham
Tier 2: El Paso, Charlotte, Nashville, Jacksonville, NYC

Will come down to if our defense is more innept than your offense. Who knows with us anymore

It's sad seeing tau's cockeyed optimism drain away. Like watching a clown cry

St. Pete - yes. Stadium is crappy, but the location is great.

Annapolis (stay in DC) is fine. Cold, but still worth going.

Birmingham, Detroit, Shreveport, I'd probably pass on.

El Paso's stadium is gorgeous, the city stinks. Playing a Pac-12 team.

Everything else is a go.

1. Charlotte, 2. Nashville, 3. NYC, 4. El Paso, 5. Shreveport, 6. Detroit, 7. Jacksonville, 8. Annapolis, 9. St. Petersburg

I didn't think the Birmingham bowl was an ACC tie-in

Their air-raid attack just gives me nightmares. I know we just had 5 picks, but I'm still worried about our secondary. Our CBs can - and have - gotten beat. We have young kids playing S.

Indiana QB had an average completion rate. He got picked five times. The opening TD was luck as we took our own guys out. Good new is they got lots of work in a live game. We ain't that bad. When the opposing team is throwing like Indiana did it's a mirage.

I'm not sure Cuse is bad. They're probably at the same level as Duke, Indiana, Army, and maybe State. They got hammered by Louisville and a USF offense that puts up a ton of points.

How are we going to get to 8 wins? UVA and BC should be wins, but not sure about the rest. Plus, Wake is good to drop a game it shouldn't.

Everything is a crap shoot trying to figure it out but I was aiming for the 6 home games [-Clemson of course] so we have 2 bonus wins @ Duke & @ Indiana. Get one @ NC State and it really is bonus time. We just have to stay healthy first of all and keep playing defense like we have so far. I don't expect 5 int's in every game but getting to the QB and rushing him into bad throws mad it fun to watch on Saturday in Bloomington. Plus watching Wolford pick his holes and get those key first downs kept the few Hoosier fans left real quiet.

What if we upset Clemson ?!!

(They really haven't look unbeatable at all this year)

I'm not sure Cuse is bad. They're probably at the same level as Duke, Indiana, Army, and maybe State. They got hammered by Louisville and a USF offense that puts up a ton of points.

I watched some of the Uconn-Cuse game. UConn is awful, and Cuse struggled with them.

Here's the ESPN.com ACC writer's bowl projections, I think something like this is about how it would shake out. I can see us being picked over the Tier Three schools but prolly not the Tier Two ones (maaybe UNC if we have a way better season). Fuckin' ND:

College Football Playoff semifinal at the Fiesta Bowl: Louisville Cardinals

Capital One Orange Bowl: Clemson Tigers

TIER ONE

Russell Athletic Bowl: Florida State Seminoles

TIER TWO

TaxSlayer Bowl: Miami Hurricanes

Belk Bowl: North Carolina Tar Heels

New Era Pinstripe Bowl: Virginia Tech Hokies

Hyundai Sun Bowl: Notre Dame Fighting Irish

TIER THREE

Quick Lane Bowl: Pittsburgh Panthers

Military Bowl presented by Northrop Grumman: Wake Forest Demon Deacons

Camping World Independence Bowl: Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets

St. Petersburg Bowl: Duke Blue Devils

Birmingham Bowl: Syracuse Orange

Will ACC/NCAA allow this Belk Bowl in Charlotte? What with riots going on and all?

What if we upset Clemson ?!!

(They really haven't look unbeatable at all this year)

I've actually thought this recently too. Not necessarily that we will beat them but I think it could be a good game. They seem really overrated to me, their pass rush isn't as good as last year, and we played them pretty well at home with a bad team.

I was actually wondering if the ACC could prevent its members from accepting an invite since they are removing championships from NC.

I know you are trying to make a joke, but do they have a lot of say in bowl games?

No joke actually, just making a point in all this NCAA/ACC ridiculousness as they have gone so overboard in their actions making injecting politics into sports--"Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Chief Kerr Putney said Thursday that video he has seen from the fatal shooting of a black man this week in University City indicates the officer was justified in his actions.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article103528872.html#storylink=cpy

The NFL played a game in Charlotte yesterday and the Charlotte 49ers have a few more games here this season. If they didn't play games in places where police shot black people they'd run out of places to play pretty quick.

Shut up bd

wsc8521s in an alternate universe ... where the sharps set lines based on projected outcome ...

wsc thinks those big buildings are built based on their ability to project the outcome of the game rather than their ability to get between 50 and 52.38% of the money to each side ...

but don't try to educate him ... he'll just say to go away ...

don't try to convince him that the sharpies don't pick the games instead they pick a line to get action ... he just says go away ...

Back