• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Westworld: Season 2 starts 4/22

IMO - he was part of Clementine's army coming out of the woods. At the board reception, Charlotte sent douchebag off to take care of his business, i.e., getting Abernathy out, meaning he hadn't escaped at that point.

Good point. Forgot about that douchebag bro.

Also, Maeve could tell that Bernard was a host. I guess that kind of goes to her "super"perception or whatever.

The moment where Felix realizes that Bernard was a host was pretty terribly written. I cringed.

The hosts could always fight back - but without any real consequences to the guests. That was Billy/William/MIB's gripe - he wanted "real stakes" - and he finally got 'em.

TAB finally gets his wish.

Yeah but you have to have stakes. We are like 6 eps in and there are still no stakes.

Not only are their no stakes...

There are just still NO stakes here

So, what happened to Logan? That's the one thing I'm not really sure of.

So, what happened to Logan? That's the one thing I'm not really sure of.

Think William sent him over the park's borders naked on a horse so he would look too deranged to take over the company. Or something like that.

WHEN DOES EVERYONE EAT AND POOP MY GOD!

Yeah -- This sounds silly but I think that in order for the show to actually really good, as in live up to its budget good, it needs to flesh out these things. How do the robots work? Do they run on batteries? What is the difference bt the old ones and the new ones? Are they stronger than the humans? Do they poop? If not where does the whiskey go?

Also need to flesh out how the park works. One of the biggest plot holes was the AZN dude who was essentially a low level robot jizz mopper yet somehow they let him carry around a Galaxy Note 34 that has the power to turn a host into a god and flip the park upside down. That would be akin to giving the cleaning people in the Bank of America building the wiring codes to all the high end investment accounts. Its not going to happen. The only explanation is that he was also a host and didnt know it, or that Ford 'let' his tablet do that (or let Maeve think she was altering her own programming when really Ford had done it all along). Either way just take 2 secs to explain that in the incredibly lazy 10 minutes of voice over exposition you have to give every episode so ppl know WTF is going on.

Or Maeve's intelligence let her hack with any sort of tablet access

Yeah -- This sounds silly but I think that in order for the show to actually really good, as in live up to its budget good, it needs to flesh out these things. How do the robots work? Do they run on batteries? What is the difference bt the old ones and the new ones? Are they stronger than the humans? Do they poop? If not where does the whiskey go?
Or most of these things really don't matter. It'd be boring tv if they spent time on all these logistic things.

Yeah but that's chicken/egg. She didn't have the intelligence until the adjustment. So either entry level jizzmopper was able to adjust her, which makes no sense and is incredibly lazy, or her adjustment was contemplated by Ford and he engineered it all along, but they never bother to tell us that.

Or most of these things really don't matter. It'd be boring tv if they spent time on all these logistic things.

I mean I'm pretty sure all the fucking nerds rewinding their DVRs to analyze the different westworld logos in different timelines would also dig on more robot info.

Think William sent him over the park's borders naked on a horse so he would look too deranged to take over the company. Or something like that.

Yeah that or he died of exposure, but the dialogue made it sound like MIB was making him go nuts

I think Westworld is the first of its kind, in that it is meant to be watched and then talked about/decoded online. It leaves things intentionally hazy for the casual viewer, but people who are diligent enough to read up on it can crack the code with visual and context clues. Personally, I appreciate that, because it really is something that could potentially be solved as the plot unfolds (unlike Sherlock or Lost), but is unlikely without serious analysis.

It is TV's response to the internet, and imo it's refreshing.

Last edited:
TAB, they definitely explained how Felix stole the tablet early on so he could fuck around with the bird robot. As you say, though, they definitely left open the possibility that Felix too was a host all along which would explain all of that stuff (except the pooping, obviously). But mauve's last words kind of discourage that reading.

Back