• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Smile Could Doom Her

finally, someone is willing to stand up to Big Smile

A girl I know was married to another girl who was one of the Hornets and Checkers cheerleaders (they are now separated because it turns out the cheerleader actually loved the cock as well). Anyway, non-cheerleader paid for cheerleader to get implants which she referred to as her investment in "Big Smiles". Big Smiles obviously became her nickname on and off the court.

FFS, some focus groups said early on she didn't smile enough and everyone gave her shit. And now she's smiling too much and people are giving her shit.

55064445.jpg

If women are too quiet then they are beta and not confident in the workplace, doomed to get passed over because they don't want it badly enough.
If women are as confident as their male counterparts then they are just considered bitches instead of being "go-getter alpha worker".

If Hillary had tilted and reacted viscerally towards Donald during debates then she would have been downgraded due to being "catty".
If she just took what Donald said then it's because she can't stand up to him as a woman.

That's why we pay them 70-80% of what males make, and also why she can't be President.

#science

In all seriousness, this is the clear double-standard a lot of men have with women in the workplace. Also, noted scholars like Palma (see CT last night) still have an extremely antiquated view on what women should and should not be allowed to do in the workplace. That attitude is still there among many males, and a big issue.

Last edited:
If women are too quiet then they are beta and not confident in the workplace, doomed to get passed over because they don't want it badly enough.
If women are as confident as their male counterparts then they are just considered bitches instead of being "go-getter alpha worker".

If Hillary had tilted and reacted viscerally towards Donald during debates then she would have been downgraded due to being "catty".
If she just took what Donald said then it's because she can't stand up to him as a woman.

That's why we pay them 70-80% of what males make, and also why she can't be President.

#science

In all seriousness, this is the clear double-standard a lot of men have with women in the workplace. Also, noted scholars like Palma (see CT last night) still have an extremely antiquated view on what women should and should not be allowed to do in the workplace. That attitude is still there among many males, and a big issue.

How is that any different than a dude in the workplace? If a dude is too quiet then he is beta and a pussy, doomed to get passed over because he is said pussy.
If a dude is confident then he is considered a douchebag or an asshole.

And, because Trump acts viscerally towards Hillary during debates then he is considered an asshole.
If he just took what she said then he would be considered a pussy.

There is not a double standard on these things, just different names attributable to the same attitudes for each gender.

How is that any different than a dude in the workplace? If a dude is too quiet then he is beta and a pussy, doomed to get passed over because he is said pussy.
If a dude is confident then he is considered a douche or an asshole.

And, because Trump acts viscerally towards Hillary during debates then he is considered an asshole.
If he just took what she said then he would be considered a pussy.

There is not a double standard on these things, just different names attributable to the same attitudes for each gender.

We can agree to disagree on this one because neither one of us is going to change our mind, but I wholeheartedly disagree with you on a lot of your comments.

Men are given the "benefit of the doubt" by their peers much more often than women are, and almost certainly not considered a "douche" or "asshole" for being overly confident. These are admittedly based on my anecdotal experience(s), but statistics also back this up through the wage gap disparity between men and women.

To your last statement, that's precisely the issue. The "different names" that are attributed to women are much more negatively connotative than the names applied to men. That's my entire point here, and the definition of a double standard.

We can agree to disagree on this one because neither one of us is going to change our mind, but I wholeheartedly disagree with you on a lot of your comments.

Men are given the "benefit of the doubt" by their peers much more often than women are, and almost certainly not considered a "douche" or "asshole" for being overly confident. These are admittedly based on my anecdotal experience(s), but statistics also back this up through the wage gap disparity between men and women.

To your last statement, that's precisely the issue. The "different names" that are attributed to women are much more negatively connotative than the names applied to men. That's my entire point here, and the definition of a double standard.

Spoken like a wet gaping pussy.

Asshole is "better" than bitch? I think that is nitpicking pretty strong. Personally, I would rather be an entire dog than simply an anus. And I don't think I would want to be a bag of douche at all.

And you are automatically attributing a wage gap to selfconfidence level. That is a pretty big leap.

Asshole is "better" than bitch? I think that is nitpicking pretty strong. Personally, I would rather be an entire dog than simply an anus. And I don't think I would want to be a bag of douche at all.

And you are automatically attributing a wage gap to selfconfidence level. That is a pretty big leap.

We both know that the actual word definition is not what matters, but rather the context and the assumptions behind each word.

I'm not attributing a wage gap to self-confidence level at all. I am stating that men are given the benefit of the doubt in more situations than women are in the workplace, and that leads to preferential treatment (intentionally or not) when it comes to raises, promotions, interviews, etc.

Just who I want to hear from in a gender discussion: 2&2 and doofus.

Back