• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is a reasonable wait time for voting?

What is a reasonable wait time for voting?

• Total voters

WFFaithful

Reaction score
I'm seeing many reports of wait times over an hour for early voting in North Carolina.

Similar question: what's a reasonable number of weeks for the early voting period?

15 minutes is the most anyone should wait but that's probably unreasonable. I waited about 45 in 2012. Where I live now it typically takes about 5 minutes, despite no early voting in PA.

I voted early in NC. Took about 7 minutes. Was told turnout was heavy but I saw only a couple in line.

I remember waiting an hour in 2008 and I was perfectly fine with it.

You should wait between 0-30 minutes to vote.

If you're voting for a Democrat to use OPM to solve your solvable problems for you, you'll wait a little bit longer than that for the results to kick in.

Colorado is a vote by mail state - all registered voters get a mail-in ballot. My wife and I both completed those so we won't be going to a polling center. No idea what wait times will look like in Denver.

It took me 45 minutes in NC to early vote last week.

I'd love a vote-by-mail system, or even better, an online system.

Took me right at an hour to early vote at Miller Rec Center a couple of weeks ago. About 150 people in line.

voting in my neighbor's garage. 3 doors from my house, no wait. could do vote by mail but i like going in.

in 2008 in va i waited over an hour. i can't remember what it was like in 2012.

I've voted a few times in Alabama (which has no form of early voting) and surprisingly have never encountered a wait more than 5 minutes. May have something to do with the "straight ticket" option. People are usually in and out.

My wait for early voting last week was zero minutes. There wasn't a single person in line to check in nor was there any wait to use the machine. Took me longer to walk to the polling place than it did to actually vote.

My wait for early voting last week was zero minutes. There wasn't a single person in line to check in nor was there any wait to use the machine. Took me longer to walk to the polling place than it did to actually vote.

this. I voted on Halloween at 6pm and it was completely deserted. not my fault you people all choose to vote at popular times.

They changed my polling place this year. So, it's hard to know how long the line will be. Given that is now in a community center rather than a hotel. I'm guessing it might be a little longer. Maybe 15 minutes.

Back