• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

Good article. Somehow even Democrats struggle with this simple concept. Let the best people of all backgrounds make their case to voters in whatever election they want to run in and let the voters sort it out.

Good article. Somehow even Democrats struggle with this simple concept. Let the best people of all backgrounds make their case to voters in whatever election they want to run in and let the voters sort it out.

Hillary and DWS would disapprove of this post.

The Massachusetts race in the article should be interesting. Most primary challengers so far have been people running for office for the first time, so they've had the added challenge of introducing themselves to voters. But Ayanna Pressley is on the Boston City Council, in a seat that overlaps significantly with the congressional district.

Trump's Orphans Offer Democrats a Simple Lesson

The lessons of Obama’s immigration legacy—and of his legislative legacy in general—were clear to many liberals at the time, but have come into greater focus in the Trump era. And one of the principal lessons is this: It is a mistake to cause harm as a dangle for bipartisan support. Democrats today, and in any future majority, would do better to accept the nature of the opposition, and try to help as many people as possible, as much as possible, in any particular political moment.

The lie extends not just to the current Democratic consensus on how to treat asylum seekers, but to the past as well. It entails blotting out all of the steps Democrats took during Obama’s presidency to build Republican support for a reform bill that Republicans, having pocketed concessions, swiftly rejected.

If this revisionism serves any strategic purpose, it is to help ensure that actual history repeats itself. If and when liberals return to power, conservatives would love nothing more than for their opponents to reprise their preemptive-concession strategy, so that they can bank the freebies, and then reject broader compromises as “open borders.”

So much this. That’s a great read.

Yea but “SwissChaletDeac” says Dems want open borders so I’m gonna go with that.

Yep.

Obama bent over backwards to work with Pubs. The ACA being the leading example.

And the Pubs proved themselves to be constantly dishonest and utterly unwilling partners for accomplishing anything good or constructive. Thus did I disengage from them. Any honest and decent folks in that party are leaving it, or already have left.

Republicans have, unfortunately, proven that they are destructive and regressive when in power or out of power. Naturally, less so when out.

So quit voting for them, everybody.

You know what is true psychotic behavior, one that would most likely present in someone with no empathy or moral character, say like someone that fucks underage girls then murders their father in-law, referring to yourself in the third person.

Bernie's stance on immigration is very off-putting and disappointing. I do not agree with any of his nationalist views, regarding the economy, immigration, or otherwise.

It is very disappointing that Bernie would not commit to a call to abolish ICE.

A lot of the Bernie love was simply anti-Hillary sentiment. He’s not the hero progressives need. He was just the only one who stepped up to challenge Hillary.

I do think there was a lot of Hillary hate, but I also think there was a craving for politicians running more to the left. Congress is getting older while younger people are becoming more progressive.

In particular I think of politicians that have been in politics since the '90s, when crime was double what it is now and they had to favor tough on crime policies to win. Or even people on the national stage in the early '00s when people were scared and willing to give up their rights and send the country to war in order to feel more safe.

Needless to say, there will be A LOT more choices in 2020. Too many.

Back