• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Roughly 3 weeks into Trump as PEOTUS...

Very PC
_83760335_burningflag.jpg

The first federal flag desecration law wasn't passed until 1968, not coincidentally, a very politically turbulent time.

More concerned with Trump's tweet threatening to revoke American citizenship for an act of political protest.

I bet the Asian pre-teens making our flags are especially reverent, just as we all respect the American flag Wal-Mart tank tops and swim trunks, making an effort to dispose of them correctly.

It's about what you feel or perceive is disrespectful.
I don't have strong feelings about the topic either way, but I know that I generally disagree with the type of people who get very upset about flag burning.

He does have that what the fuck am I doing here look while Trump has his evil grin like he just told him his master plan.

I literally just said to a friend that Trump looks like he is doing a David Pumpkins impression, and Mitt is not having it. Then I check Twitter and...

3450655637cb86c6d6e077d9d91228da.jpg

"The scariest thing to the mind is the unknown."

Looks like trump is saving half the Carrier AC jobs. I had no idea the parent company was a defense company that makes 5.6 billion a year from the federal government, I wonder how the deal ever got done.

yeah but a lot of those were jobs for deplorables

instead of saving their jobs, we should be making the deplorables dependent on welfare, that'll teach them how to vote next time

Carrier is basically receiving a little corporate welfare to stay, but I'm glad they are staying. Good for the people who need those jobs. I wonder how the distinctions will be made between which companies get the carrot and which ones get the stick?

Last edited:
People were suggesting Trump was unfit to be president because he proposed punishing people for flag burning.

You're slipping.

At this point it doesn't matter if Trump is unfit to be president. In less than 2 months he will be president and it is inappropriate for a president to call for revocation of citizenship for exercising free speech rights.

Carrier is basically receiving a little corporate welfare to stay, but I'm glad they are staying. Good for the people who need those jobs. I wonder how the distinctions will be made between which companies get the carrot and which ones get the stick?

Would have been nice if TPP/NAFTA loving Obummer had done something for those American workers.

Would have been nice if TPP/NAFTA loving Obummer had done something for those American workers.

I agree. Still curious about my last question though. Who gets incentives and who gets penalties? I seem to remember a party that didn't like the government picking winners and losers, but I can't remember which one it was.

Back