• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Top Chef 14: Charleston

My bro in law works on the line at a restaurant in Charlotte and he said the chef/cook community doesn't like that Jamie hasn't been repping their city, just mainly his Charleston restaurant.

Butthurt my boy Jim went home but at least he has the Honey I Shrunk the Kids franchise to fall back on

Yeah, definitely not an Emily fan. But if Jamie comes back and wins through last chance kitchen like Kristen did, it'll be a great story.

Emily is not long for this show, that's for sure.

Completely disagree with your latter point - I was kind of rooting for Jamie before his 'honorable' seppuku, but now I just have a bad taste in my mouth anytime I see him. It's a fucking competition dude; you're here to win, not morally pat yourself on the back. I hope he loses next LCK.

His action effectively made him a quitter. He had an advantage he rightfully earned, and then ignored it on a personal whim. Nobody likes a quitter.

Last edited:
Dunno if anyone outside of DC has been following the saga with Kwame's restaurant the Shaw Bijou. Well, it closed abruptly last night after less than three months in business. When it started out it was one of the most expensive restaurants in the city, with dinner for two costing nearly $1,000. Well, the Top Chef allure quickly wore off after tepid reviews, so they announced a much cheaper menu last week, which appears to be too little, too late.

Here's a good post mortem recapping it all:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ess-than-three-months/?utm_term=.0a720b68ef8d

Emily is not long for this show, that's for sure.

Completely disagree with your latter point - I was kind of rooting for Jamie before his 'honorable' seppuku, but now I just have a bad taste in my mouth anytime I see him. It's a fucking competition dude; you're here to win, not morally pat yourself on the back. I hope he loses next LCK.

His action effectively made him a quitter. He had an advantage he rightfully earned, and then ignored it on a personal whim. Nobody likes a quitter.

Yeah. It's not like he thought to make a bad dish. They purposely gave him ingredients nobody else wanted so the game there could make better dishes. It was a dumb strategy.

And that whole strategy was based on the fact that he had immunity which he won fair and square.

Dunno if anyone outside of DC has been following the saga with Kwame's restaurant the Shaw Bijou. Well, it closed abruptly last night after less than three months in business. When it started out it was one of the most expensive restaurants in the city, with dinner for two costing nearly $1,000. Well, the Top Chef allure quickly wore off after tepid reviews, so they announced a much cheaper menu last week, which appears to be too little, too late.

Here's a good post mortem recapping it all:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ess-than-three-months/?utm_term=.0a720b68ef8d

Saw yesterday it shut down. I was going to check it out with the reduced price structure but it ended too quickly.

If I had Emily on my team for restaurant wars, I would straight up lock her in a closet or something. She is going to be a nightmare. The previews already show her crying and saying she wants to quit.

I still think Shirley has what it takes to win this. She learns from her mistakes, and seems like a very good people person/manager that I would want to work for, even if she isn't the most talented.

Katsuji rebounded strong after the pig debacle.

Last edited:
If I had Emily on my team for restaurant wars, I would straight up lock her in a closet or something. She is going to be a nightmare. The previews already show her crying and saying she wants to quit.

I still think Shirley has what it takes to win this. She learns from her mistakes, and seems like a very good people person/manager that I would want to work for, even if she isn't the most talented.

Katsuji rebounded strong after the pig debacle.

I bet the crying is the continuation of the elimination from the night before. She's super upset that she got dude eliminated, she's hysterical, yells at the camera crew, etc. - and is fine the next day.

I can't wait for her to go home.

update from Warehouse Wednesday's! Emily was out and gabbing about. don't think she gets eliminated this week.

It should come down to Shirley and Brooke. They are the two most talented, although Brooke occasionally outhinks herself.

Sheldon and maaaaybe Sylva with outside shots, but really everyone else is done, they just dont know it.

It feels like they're typically bullshit. It is an exciting staple episode of the show, though.

they handled it well in past seasons where everyone has to take turns doing something.

Yeah there have been seasons (before they had LCK) when the front of the house person gets sent home. That was pretty lame.

Honestly like 70 of the kitschy corny theme competitions they bring in to make challenges seem different are really dumb and take away from the show. We are here to see who is the best cook, not who can make the best omlette while hula hooping.

I would really rather just have them set out some ingredients and let them go every ep.

It should come down to Shirley and Brooke. They are the two most talented, although Brooke occasionally outhinks herself.

Sheldon and maaaaybe Sylva with outside shots, but really everyone else is done, they just dont know it.

I would add the dbag from Dallas to the outside shot list.

Yeah there have been seasons (before they had LCK) when the front of the house person gets sent home. That was pretty lame.

Honestly like 70 of the kitschy corny theme competitions they bring in to make challenges seem different are really dumb and take away from the show. We are here to see who is the best cook, not who can make the best omlette while hula hooping.

I would really rather just have them set out some ingredients and let them go every ep.

I knew Emily was the worst as soon as she said she was from Charleston.

Katsuji may have had the talent to win this whole thing, but he just wasn't tough enough. It sort of seemed to me like they simply didn't want to send another front of house or executive chef home bc that's what they always do, but I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later.

Shirley, once again, proved why I think she is the best manager out of everyone. She seems to have that ability to yell at people to work harder and faster without offending, irritating or disorienting them.

Last edited:
Damn, it was painful watching the second team in action. John's emotional regression was pretty funny, though; "you rat-fucked me, Katsuji!"

I figured it was over for Katsuji once they aired his immigration story, which was about the only agreeable thing he's ever uttered in two seasons.

Really small nitpick, but did anyone else think it was BS that Katsuji didn't get to choose night 1 or 2, but rather had to win a coin-flip? He just picked second, at least give him the night selection (not that it mattered).

Back