• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest's own Tommy Elrod caught leaking football information to other teams

As Wake's color guy on the radio, Tommy did a good job. He was knowledgable and provided good insight, but during post game questioning of Clawson, he would try to impress Clawson with his post game analysis and use some coaches jargon noone listening understood. There seemed to be an edge there.

As a IMG employee, you are privy to information, and privacy and loyalty are paramount. Tommy's problem is that he could not keep his mouth shut. Time and time again Tommy would throw Clawson and his program under the bus in private situations. I heard him do this a few times and some fellow Wake fans have heard Tommy do this too.

Tommy obviously did not want Clawson to succeed. I could tell that he had an axe to grind for not being on Clawson's staff.

If Tommy has his own side of this story, he needs to get it out now. I feel for his family.

I'd say that IMG had more to worry about than Wellman. He was their employee who harmed a client.

I have also been thinking about starting a new thread... Tommy Elrod Credibility Watch... I am placing his credibility on watch because Elrod might be a red herring for Ron "The Don" Wellman :tinfoilhat:

For all the questions about transparency, I cannot imagine any school being more open than the WF statement shows. This whole thing is likely now in the legal arena. Every lawyer I have ever known tells clients to say nothing or as little as possible no matter the situation. We are doing this by the book.

At the end of the statement, i think it says this is the only comment we will make 'at this time'. Perhaps the appropriate people at other schools, etc. need time to do their own investigations based on what we may have shared with them. Clearly, there is more to come. Perhaps from WFU...or others. Wait and see before declaring something is being hidden.

Finally, I'm impressed that we're able to conduct an investigation that has yielded what we know so far. Good job by WF from my view.

IIRC, there was someone on the BC game thread (or a related thread) who sat in the stands near the BC bench. In the defensive sideline huddle he said he could hear one of the linebackers come back and say that we were going right where they knew we were going to run.

The most disturbing part about all of this is that the stadium was so empty that someone could hear inside an opposing teams huddle.

The most disturbing part about all of this is that the stadium was so empty that someone could hear inside an opposing teams huddle.

What a disturbing realization. I know we have had issues filling the stadium but fucking A!

Hey WF, fuck you buddy. Gonna sprinkle some crack rock at the feet of an addict? If Clemson is involved, WF should be held accountable, not us. It's like entrapment, or something.

What the fuck is going on?!?!? :tard:

Having a former coach from the previous regime as the color guy always seemed strange to me. DID HE EVER DEEP DOWN WANT CLAWSON TO WIN?

As Wake's color guy on the radio, Tommy did a good job. He was knowledgable and provided good insight, but during post game questioning of Clawson, he would try to impress Clawson with his post game analysis and use some coaches jargon noone listening understood. There seemed to be an edge there.

As a IMG employee, you are privy to information, and privacy and loyalty are paramount. Tommy's problem is that he could not keep his mouth shut. Time and time again Tommy would throw Clawson and his program under the bus in private situations. I heard him do this a few times and some fellow Wake fans have heard Tommy do this too.

Tommy obviously did not want Clawson to succeed. I could tell that he had an axe to grind for not being on Clawson's staff.

If Tommy has his own side of this story, he needs to get it out now. I feel for his family.

I'm impressed WF took a stand. Very unWellmanlike. I'm interested in more facts. What was provided? In return for what? But it certainly doesn't looks good for my friend of 20 years Tom Elrod. If I was representing him (which I am not) & there was more to this story, I would want it out NOW.

Hey WF, fuck you buddy. Gonna sprinkle some crack rock at the feet of an addict? If Clemson is involved, WF should be held accountable, not us. It's like entrapment, or something.

You got five star athletes, we got five star masters of subterfuge. thanks for the retroactive Atlantic titles, at least you'll have the memories

The more I think about this Wellmans skewed sense loyalty to the conference or these other schools is complete bullshit. The total information should be released and he should be demanding any school who used the info or even accepted it be sanctioned. And if the NCAA or the ACC does not have the authority then they should be trashed in public forum.

Back