• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bless you Keyshawn Woods. Bless you

jaybone

Reaction score
Cannot stress enough how much he's the heart and soul of our team. And he's a sophomore. He gets a little too frustrated with his teammates sometimes and shows it, but I saw him pull Doral aside and demand he play tall. A few minutes later, Moore did.

Woods had about three or four of those moments. He can help Crawford become a pro and I am starting to see some Mario Elie in Woods. It is not outside the realm of possibility that Woods becomes an NBA player. A 10th man type of guy who could move up into a key bench player in the right circumstance. One, he's a goddamn shooter. And two, he plays so smart most of the time. He makes key plays at important moments. Dude is going to win some games for us in he last minute over the next three years.

Feel so lucky we have him.

He had the loudest 13 points last night I've ever seen.

He's so much fun to watch. He does everything well, including the little things like ball fakes and simple, yet effective passes. By reports, he worked really hard during his red shirt year, and it shows. Jaybone is right, he's also a really good leader. He and Crawford were playing so well together last night and seemed to enjoy going at Blakeney.

Blakeney was around -46 last night. Crazy.

Was aware that Woods could shoot based upon those that had watched him play. The aspect of Woods' game that surprised me is his strength. Keyshawn just muscles other guards to get to the basket, to keep those he is covering from getting to the basket and to box out. He is a man.

Blakeney was around -46 last night. Crazy.

Ouch. I guess when your team is -34 it's hard to put up a good +/-, but that's terrible.

Early in the second half it was clear that Blakeney knew they weren't going to win, so he decided to play a lot of 1 v 1 with Crawford. Both Blakeney and Crawford seemed to be having a good time.

could be the emergence of someone very special to wake .. the woods of yesteryore still rattle around in the disappointment barrel which of course is irrelevant. nice to see a guard with some beef

All I know is that it's absolutely fantastic to have a guy who rarely misses an open mid-range jumper.

All I know is that it's absolutely fantastic to have a guy who rarely misses an open mid-range jumper.

Seriously. What I love about Woods is he's old school. He knocks down long 2 pointers. Boxes guys out hard. Gets all over opposing scorers when in denial. Uses his body to shield guys off on drives. Looks to me like Brandon is learning a lot from him, plus he has that grown-ass man look with the beard like we found an old NBA bench guy to come kick some ass in college.

He's going to have a game like Dinos just did before too long.

some announcer a few games back described Woods as having "an old man's game" and I thought that was a pretty good description

You all have said a lot but I see him as a coach on the floor. Sometimes sitting out gives you a more global perspective of what's going on in a game. When he came down with less than five to go in the game and slowly kept moving to the basket and when two LSU guys cut him off and he moved back out to the three line to take some clock off, I got a big smile because he was thinking out there not just playing. Merry Christmas to all.

How did Woods not have better options out of high school than Charlotte?

Just think if he and Torin Dorn were still at Charlotte. Both of those guys got missed big time and if they hadn't transferred to ACC schools, Charlotte would give most P5 schools all they would want.

Back