• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mike Pence is a nutjob

So, does he call his wife "Mother Pence" in the sack?

Yikes.

This is correct, we definitely do not want Pence naming supreme court justices. The Dems really should not be focused on impeaching Trump, they should be focused on 2018 and 2020. They might be smart to let the pubs begin implementing their disastrous platform (i.e., kicking 20 million people off health insurance, eliminating environmental protections, ruining public schools...) so that the population can see just how bad these ideas really are.

Seeing how that is what got The Donald elected and all.....especially when thos new ACA premiums started coming out right before the election. Dems have no chance in 2018 so they better start working on 2020 when census comes out & lines get redrawn. That is what the Pubs did so beautifully in 2010 and we see now how well it worked out!

Seeing how that is what got The Donald elected and all.....especially when thos new ACA premiums started coming out right before the election. Dems have no chance in 2018 so they better start working on 2020 when census comes out & lines get redrawn. That is what the Pubs did so beautifully in 2010 and we see now how well it worked out!

What got Donald elected was the fact that Hillary has personally murdered at least 46 people.

The Danger of President Pence

“You see what I have to put up with?” [Pence's mother] shot back. Growing more serious, she explained that, until she went back to school, at sixty-five, to get a college degree in psychology, she “didn’t have much self-esteem.”

“That’s when she got her brain,” Gregory said.

[Pence's father] Edward, Jr., like his father, was a tough disciplinarian. Gregory recalled, “If you lied to him, you’d be taken upstairs, have a conversation, and then he’d whack you with a belt.” He expected his children to stand up whenever an adult entered the room. “He’d grab you if you didn’t,” Gregory said. At dinner, the kids were forbidden to speak.

Pence's father sounds like an asshole.

Lots in there about Pence's ambition and his courtship of the Koch brothers.

Is Pence's mother his biological mother or his wife?

This is correct, we definitely do not want Pence naming supreme court justices. The Dems really should not be focused on impeaching Trump, they should be focused on 2018 and 2020. They might be smart to let the pubs begin implementing their disastrous platform (i.e., kicking 20 million people off health insurance, eliminating environmental protections, ruining public schools...) so that the population can see just how bad these ideas really are.

Mostly agree, though not necessarily about judicial nominations. Those are essentially going to be the same under either Trump or Pence. The main reason we don't want Pence is he would be much better at pushing his agenda through a Pub congress, so we'd end up with a lot of bad legislation. Whereas our current Pub congress has mostly been a check on Trump thus far. The only places Pence would be better than Trump would be international relations, free trade and probably immigration.

I get a man calling his wife or girlfriend, "mama", but "mother" is just creepy and screams mommy issues.

For that matter, I think a child calling his/her mom "mother" is creepy too. If my son started referring to my wife as "Mother" and me as "Father" I'd ask him what the hell was wrong with him.

For that matter, I think a child calling his/her mom "mother" is creepy too. If my son started referring to my wife as "Mother" and me as "Father" I'd ask him what the hell was wrong with him.

I think he calls his wife Mother, too.

he'd probably say "nothing, dickhead"

George Will: Behold their man

[contains plenty of decent and deserved Trump bashing]

Quote:
----------
WASHINGTON — With eyes wide open, Mike Pence eagerly auditioned for the role as Donald Trump’s poodle. Now comfortably leashed, he deserves the degradations that he seems too sycophantic to recognize as such.

He did Trump’s adolescent bidding with Oct. 8’s pre-planned virtue pageant of scripted indignation — his flight from the predictable sight of players kneeling during the national anthem at a football game. No unblinkered observer can still cling to the hope that Pence has the inclination, never mind the capacity, to restrain, never mind educate, the man who elevated him to his current glory. Pence is a reminder that no one can have sustained transactions with Trump without becoming too soiled for subsequent scrubbing...
----------

Mostly agree, though not necessarily about judicial nominations. Those are essentially going to be the same under either Trump or Pence. The main reason we don't want Pence is he would be much better at pushing his agenda through a Pub congress, so we'd end up with a lot of bad legislation. Whereas our current Pub congress has mostly been a check on Trump thus far. The only places Pence would be better than Trump would be international relations, free trade and probably immigration.

To be fair to me, I wrote this on January 23rd, before Trump had made a single Judicial nomination and its pretty apparent now that Trump has abdicated that responsibility to the Christian right. His judicial nominations will be Trump's last line of defense against a Republican mutiny.

To be fair to me, I wrote this on January 23rd, before Trump had made a single Judicial nomination and its pretty apparent now that Trump has abdicated that responsibility to the Christian right. His judicial nominations will be Trump's last line of defense against a Republican mutiny.

I didn't realize this thread was revived from that long ago. I tend not to notice dates and times of postings.

Back