• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Middle East: Saudis Murder & Dismember Washington Post Contributor

I must have misheard the meeting I had with the dude who did their taxes, or misread their tax returns with my masters in accounting. But as always, your expertise on the subject is noted. S-Corp's ain't no joke. Neither is the CA tax rate.

I must have misheard the meeting I had with the dude who did their taxes, or misread their tax returns with my masters in accounting. But as always, your expertise on the subject is noted. S-Corp's ain't no joke. Neither is the CA tax rate.

He must make a crap ton of money.

Mitt Romney didn't pay that much in '12 and he made like 33 million right? I think he paid 30% but I dont have a masters in accounting so I dont know

Mitt Romney didn't pay that much in '12 and he made like 33 million right? I think he paid 30% but I dont have a masters in accounting so I dont know
As i recall a significant portion of his income was in state municipal bonds which aren't taxed federally

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
He must make a crap ton of money.

How many crap tons would be taxed at a rate well over 50% that would bring his total rate to 50%?

How many crap tons would be taxed at a rate well over 50% that would bring his total rate to 50%?
The combined highest marginal rates of Federal and California is just under 54%. Investment income would be subject to Medicare tax but a lot of times you get reduced tax rates for that same income.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

This is up there with Hillary and Libya. An "evidence-free" decision as far as I'm concerned.

https://www.antiwar.com/blog/2017/06/25/intel-behind-trumps-syria-attack-questioned/#more-29263

Legendary investigative reporter Seymour Hersh is challenging the Trump administration’s version of events surrounding the April 4 “chemical weapons attack” on the northern Syrian town of Khan Sheikhoun – though Hersh had to find a publisher in Germany to get his information out.

In the Sunday edition of Die Welt, Hersh reports that his national security sources offered a distinctly different account, revealing President Trump rashly deciding to launch 59 Tomahawk missiles against a Syrian airbase on April 6 despite the absence of intelligence supporting his conclusion that the Syrian military was guilty. ...

“According to intelligence estimates, the strike itself killed up to four jihadist leaders and an unknown number of drivers and security aides. There is no confirmed count of the number of civilians killed by the poisonous gases that were released by the secondary explosions, although opposition activists reported that there were more than 80 dead, and outlets such as CNN have put the figure as high as 92.”

Due to the fog of war, which is made denser by the fact that jihadists associated with Al Qaeda control the area, many of the details of the incident were unclear on that day and remain so still. No independent on-the-ground investigation has taken place.

But there were other reasons to doubt Syrian guilt, including the implausibility of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad choosing that time – while his forces were making dramatic strides in finally defeating the jihadists and immediately after the Trump administration had indicated it had reversed President Obama’s “regime change” policy in Syria – to launch a sarin attack, which was sure to outrage the world and likely draw US retaliation.

However, logic was brushed aside after local “activists,” including some closely tied to the jihadists, quickly uploaded all manner of images onto social media, showing dead and dying children and other victims said to be suffering from sarin nerve gas. Inconsistencies were brushed aside – such as the “eyewitness” who insisted, “We could smell it from 500 meters away” when sarin is odorless.

A similar event had occurred on Aug. 21, 2013, outside Damascus – and although the available evidence now points to a “false-flag” provocation pulled off by the jihadists to trick the West into mounting a full-fledged assault on Assad’s military, Western media still blames that incident on Assad, too.

In the Aug. 21, 2013 case, social media also proved crucial in creating and pushing the Assad-did-it narrative. On Aug. 30, 2013, then-Secretary of State John Kerry pinned the responsibility on Assad no fewer than 35 times, even though earlier that week National Intelligence Director James Clapper had warned President Obama privately that Assad’s culpability was “not a slam dunk.”

Kerry was fond of describing social media as an “extraordinarily useful tool,” and it sure did come in handy in supporting Kerry’s repeated but unproven charges against Assad, especially since the US government had invested heavily in training and equipping Syrian “activists” to dramatize their cause. (The mainstream media also has ignored evidence that the jihadists staged at least one chlorine gas attack. And, as you may recall, President George W. Bush also spoke glowingly about the value of “catapulting the propaganda.”)

God help us if we're actually ever attacked.

"Some US intelligence agencies were reportedly caught off guard by the White House statement Monday night, according to The New York Times."

He knows more than the generals, we're all good here...
giphy.gif

Remember: the United nations is an Obama led left lib front to take your guns, religion, and freedom

U.S. Commandos Running Out of ISIS Targets

Trump’s changes to the campaign so far have been tactical—namely, giving the military more autonomy to strike, including special operators. But the effectiveness of the current Obama-era strategy of attacking ISIS via local forces together with allies calls into question whether there’s a need for more dramatic revision.

That’s presented a dilemma for those working on the Trump anti-ISIS strategy and slowed its public unveiling, U.S. officials tell The Daily Beast. The White House has asked defense officials to come up with new ideas to help brand the Trump campaign as different from its predecessor, according to two U.S. officials and one senior administration official. They spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss the sensitive debates.

The senior administration official described Trump’s plan as “relying even more” on special operations working together with local partner forces. “But that’s nuanced, like most of the suggested changes” and doesn’t easily translate to a talking point, he said. That could help explain why Trump has twice missed his own deadline for unveiling the new anti-ISIS strategy.

Back