• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Wonder why he isn't playing lacrosse in college?

Spring session starts today at Wake. Any grad transfers enrolled? I know we are expecting Miles Fox back.

Elite boarding schools still field football teams, and always will.

Damn straight. Wake does a good job of recruiting New England Prep schools, we have 2 ISL players on the roster right now I believe. He was at St. Paul's, same school as UCLA commit QB Parker McQuarrie. Could be a greyshirt or a preferred Walk on, as he did graduate in May, and did not do the LOS ceremony this December. Happy to have another proud son of the 603 attend Wake Forest.

He might follow the early Wake career path of Jack Freudenthal. Walk-on and then leader on special teams.

Where do you think Marucci will grad transfer to if he has a few good games his redshirt junior season ?

Sorry if Haas, but it seems we offered this guy for 2021. He's a 6'8" 255 pound T / DE

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11118521/Michael-McLaughlin

Sounds like he would be a good one, if Wake can beat that competition. He seems to have recently moved to FL from Danville, Indiana.

At 255 lbs, it sounds like he needs some time in the buffet line.

Terrance Davis, a 6’ 3” 317 lb OL from UMD is transferring to Wake via the portal.
He was a 4* out of HS and a starter until he was injured early last season.
Pencil him in as a starter this fall.

Is he supposed to play Tackle or Guard? Seems like Maginn and Loic will fill the guard spots. Hope he can play LT although he was a guard in HS.

Is he supposed to play Tackle or Guard? Seems like Maginn and Loic will fill the guard spots. Hope he can play LT although he was a guard in HS.

I would strongly suspect he's staying at right guard. Both Maginn and Loic struggled pretty mightily this year, so it's not like guard was a position of strength despite having some returning players. But agree we could still benefit to land another grad transfer at tackle.

Last edited:
Terrance Davis, a 6’ 3” 317 lb OL from UMD is transferring to Wake via the portal.
He was a 4* out of HS and a starter until he was injured early last season.
Pencil him in as a starter this fall.

Comment from a MD guy I know, "he's good."

Back