• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Silent verbal yesterday. Will come out before the Spring game.

If it was silent, how could it be verbal?

Reminds me of a comment years ago from a NFL GM talking about a college player who said ‘I signed one of them verbal contracts’.

If it was silent, how could it be verbal?

Reminds me of a comment years ago from a NFL GM talking about a college player who said ‘I signed one of them verbal contracts’.

verbal just means in words

not to be confused with "oral"

Yeah, posted this 3-4 hours ago on another site. Agree.

No inside info, but Joshua Sosanya, one of the safeties that visited this past weekend tweeted he would make his decision April 1st. Given the timing of this announcement, I have to feel good about wake’s chances. He has an offer from GT as well. Profile below.

https://247sports.com/Player/Joshua-Sosanya-46084071/

Walker Merrill is Really, Really Good

There are going to be several takeaways that revolve around a specific 7 on 7 team called the Dream Team Hard Knox. This team is primarily made up of Nashville and Knoxville area players, and the team is full of players with multiple Power Five offers. Many of the players also carry offers from Tennessee, so they have been a priority to watch at the events where they compete. On a squad with the caliber of players the Dream Team has, it is difficult to stand out, but one player in particular has done so, rising senior at Brentwood High, Walker Merrill.

Merrill is a highly rated receiver that holds multiple SEC offers, but has been a frequent visitor to Tennessee and Ole Miss. Merrill is 6’1” and around 185-190 pounds. He has the frame to be a Power Five receiver, but questions have surrounded just how ready he is for the next level. The answers to some of those questions follow. Yes, he is SEC fast. Merrill can break a short dump route into a long touchdown on pure speed alone. He did it against multiple teams, including in a matchup with Fast Houston 7 on 7, another premier team in the nation. Yes, he can take the pounding in the SEC. Merrill is shredded. He has an impressive physique without an ounce of fat to be found. That body and dedication in the weight room has prepared him to withstand the punishment of the SEC. No, his routes aren’t where you think they are, they are better. Merrill is a route running technician. He takes pride in his routes, understands how to use them, and understands how to set up opposing defensive backs. Add in excellent hands and a focused, business-like disposition, and it is easy to see why Merrill has earned the respect of his teammates and coaches. He is frequently pointed to by both as a player that forces others to get better and that could make an impact on a college team this fall, his senior season in high school.

Back