• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

It hit me that kid was maybe a year old when The Black Album came out.

We were supposed to have some big visits this Spring from 2021 targets. All have to be rescheduled. Recruiting will take a hit.

Recruiting will take hit for everyone.
The question is ‘will it effect Wake more or less tan everyone else?’

I think ir could actually benefit us with those targets that we’ve identified early and have developed relationships with. The teams that come in after us to poach, won’t have the same amount of time to do so. We’ll see.

Recruiting will take hit for everyone.
The question is ‘will it effect Wake more or less tan everyone else?’

I think ir could actually benefit us with those targets that we’ve identified early and have developed relationships with. The teams that come in after us to poach, won’t have the same amount of time to do so. We’ll see.

I think it will benefit us because Clawson is smarter than most coaches and he'll figure this process out quickly.

I’m going on record that Sosanya is going to be a really good player for us. He takes great angles and has a nose for the ball. You can tell he’s a smart dude and will definitely fit in Clawson’s system.

https://twitter.com/les_johns/status/1239207640040976384?s=21
In the article Sosanya says we have a new locker room on the way before the season starts. If true, that’s great news. Should really help with recruiting.

If they redo the locker room, I wonder if they flip flop Bridger again. That is, will the tear out the existing visitor locker room, build the new home locker room in that space (probably plus some added) and make the current home locker space the new visitor locker room. That would eliminate the somewhat awkward crossing of the teams as they go to locker rooms at halftime.

Down side, it would make the Wake team entry/open the gate less dramatic and less visible from the Deacon Tower stands.

If they redo the locker room, I wonder if they flip flop Bridger again. That is, will the tear out the existing visitor locker room, build the new home locker room in that space (probably plus some added) and make the current home locker space the new visitor locker room. That would eliminate the somewhat awkward crossing of the teams as they go to locker rooms at halftime.

Down side, it would make the Wake team entry/open the gate less dramatic and less visible from the Deacon Tower stands.

They’re redoing the locker room at the practice facility, the one they use regularly. They rarely ever use the locker rooms in Bridger. I think they new locker rooms will be in the same space in Pruitt. The old coaches offices (on the second floor) are now being used by communications and fan experience employees. On the first floor, they are going to remake that entire space and make it a larger locker room space. It should look impressive. They have around 15 million just for the locker room, or they did at one point.

I didn’t know the projecting was starting though. Wake needs to be more open on infrastructure changes/updates. Maybe they haven’t announced that because people would get pissed they aren’t using that money on Manning. People got pissy when they released an article this week on the Shah center. I think Les wrote it.

Clawson has previously stated that the locker rooms in Bridger are not a priority. The old/existing locker room in Pruitt is with Clawson.

Walk-on? He doesn't have a 247 or Rivals.

Walk-on? He doesn't have a 247 or Rivals.

Looks like it. 2020 guy committing now, wouldn’t be a scholarship player. It’s good to have all these PWO’s. It keeps the scholarship guys playing against better competition, and it gives them opportunities to rest. Good to see Clawson being able to find kids that can afford Wake, and also commit to playing football. I haven’t seen this many PWO’s come play football at Wake ever.

Being a walk-on at Wake is a tough ask, and if you’re able to do it, I have the utmost respect for that young person.

Back