• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Thought wake wasn't going to pursue a RB in the transfer portal.

Michigan transfer RB Christian Turner to Wake.

Thought wake wasn't going to pursue a RB in the transfer portal.

Michigan transfer RB Christian Turner to Wake.

*refers to message where I said I'm going to eat crow* but the sentiment was they'd go with more eligibility than less and even though he's spent 3 years in college he has 3 years left on the clock. They looked at roughly 4 other RBs(Handy/Johnny Martin/Reggie Davis/Ke'travion Hargrove) and a mix of a couple of guys couldn't get past admissions and a couple had disciplinary issues the staff didn't want to deal with

So the writeup said he has trouble holding onto the football. I didn't see where they mentioned how many times we coughed it up though.

Hell of an offer sheet out of HS. He's the kind of kid who could be a special player for Wake.

Gattis in the pic of he tweet announcement

wonder if that played into Wake being his choice

Welcome! Hoping he steps up in a big way. Was a punch in the gut to lose KW but this softens the blow.

So the writeup said he has trouble holding onto the football. I didn't see where they mentioned how many times we coughed it up though.

Hell of an offer sheet out of HS. He's the kind of kid who could be a special player for Wake.

Reddit said the same thing yet he has zero career fumbles.

Will be interesting to see what he can do at Wake. Michigan has a logjam at RB with a few other guys above him plus a 5-star coming in. None of this says he can't come to Wake and be a good player.

I ate my crow but also was the one who's been breaking news about it and others on the 247 site so ill take a hit for a recruiting office contact telling me something that changed in 48 hours *shrugs*

Turner having three years of eligibility remaining, which is is rare for an immediately eligible guy, may have changed some thinking.

Turner having three years of eligibility remaining, which is is rare for an immediately eligible guy, may have changed some thinking.

Zach Charbonnet from Michigan would have been cool, but at least we add some depth. Marks Jr left the portal and went back to Buffalo.

And allegedly struggles in pass protection. Not a way to get PT under Clawson.

Back