• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'17 Specials & '18 Midterms Thread

Pubs are pretty fucked now that Tay Tay is in the game.

tenor.gif

She’s the queen of the next generation of Republican stepford wives. They should be worried.

The latest CNN poll gives Democrats one of their widest leads this year in the race for Congress - 54% of likely voters plan to vote Democratic next month, while 41% plan to vote Republican. It's the widest margin for the Democrats since 2006. The poll was taken just a few days ago, so it does factor in the Kavanaugh hearings and vote. The main reason for the wide gap is the gender gap: men favor Republicans over Democrats 50 to 45 percent, but women favor Democrats over Republicans by 63 to 33 percent.

Link: https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/09/politics/cnn-poll-midterms/index.html

Very interesting nugget from the poll:
Women are not significantly more enthusiastic to vote than men: 57% are extremely or very enthusiastic compared to 53% of men. This is, however, a shift from what we usually see in a midterm election year. In 2010 at this point, 46% of women voters were enthusiastic about voting in the midterm election vs. 54% of men. In 2014, a very low turnout year, 32% of men were enthusiastic compared to 28% of women.

That's a pretty huge swing in the enthusiasm stat. And now Taylor Swift sez get out the vote ladies...

taylorkanye.gif

"Taylor Swift I'm really happy for your Blue Wave, and I'm-a let you finish, but Donald Trump had the best election results of ALL TIME! ALL TIME!"

taylorkanye.gif

"Taylor Swift I'm really happy for your Blue Wave, and I'm-a let you finish, but Donald Trump had the best election results of ALL TIME! ALL TIME!"

Who knew that Taylor and Kanye would eventually become opposing political activists.

Texas voter registration surged before today’s deadline. But will voters turn out?

Today marks the final day for Texans to sign up to vote on Nov. 6 in an election year that has already seen a surprising surge in registration. Yet, despite a new record in midterm voter registrations, experts warn the challenge will be getting voters to the polls.

Texas ranks bottom of the pack nationwide in voter turnout. The last time more than half of registered voters cast a ballot in a midterm election was 1994, when Democratic Gov. Ann Richards lost to Republican George W. Bush, according to state data.

I've still been tracking the ads posted by Paul Ryan's super PAC, I think it is interesting to see what districts they are worried about. They added two new districts today for the first time in a while, UT-4 (an R+13 district) and NC-9.

I've still been tracking the ads posted by Paul Ryan's super PAC, I think it is interesting to see what districts they are worried about. They added two new districts today for the first time in a while, UT-4 (an R+13 district) and NC-9.

Yeah, McCready has a bunch of money and is all over the TV. Harris has a terrible spot that you see half as much, at best. Mother Pence visited yesterday.

Yeah, McCready has a bunch of money and is all over the TV. Harris has a terrible spot that you see half as much, at best. Mother Pence visited yesterday.

Get ready for a bunch of ads about Nancy Pelosi!

Watch the video in this tweet to see what Dave Brat considers "shouting him down."

The latest CNN poll gives Democrats one of their widest leads this year in the race for Congress - 54% of likely voters plan to vote Democratic next month, while 41% plan to vote Republican. It's the widest margin for the Democrats since 2006. The poll was taken just a few days ago, so it does factor in the Kavanaugh hearings and vote. The main reason for the wide gap is the gender gap: men favor Republicans over Democrats 50 to 45 percent, but women favor Democrats over Republicans by 63 to 33 percent.

Interesting. How credible is the CNN poll?

This one had Clinton ahead by double digits only a couple of weeks prior to election day:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2016/10/23/politics/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-presidential-polls/index.html

Yeah your shit stain party has it in the bag you probably should stay home any not vote,

My understanding, based on reading articles about this race, is that O'Rourke's entire campaign has been based on his belief that he can drive up voter turnout among Democratic-leaning groups. If he can't, then his campaign was toast all along, If he's right, and turnout does surge, it will almost certainly favor him, and will give him his chance to win. If the Democrats can't drive up voter turnout by a substantial margin, then O'Rourke probably never had a chance to start with.

Get ready for a bunch of ads about Nancy Pelosi!

Pelosi should have decided to announce she wouldn't be Speaker again months ago. It would have helped Dems get elected. She wouldn't have been as much of a target.

It's time for a new generation to take power.

Republican Party would be dead if the Electoral College and Senate didn't overrepresent them

Democrat party would be annihilated if you could corral the illegal vote and the Taylor Swift children’s special.

So many fucking idiots allowed to vote

What’s a Real Tax Paying Citizen to do?

you shifted the goalposts there

is it illegal votes or is it idiots voting legally?

Pelosi should have decided to announce she wouldn't be Speaker again months ago. It would have helped Dems get elected. She wouldn't have been as much of a target.

It's time for a new generation to take power.

Agreed on this. Maybe even Schumer too.

Back