• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Atlanta Braves Offseason Thread: Acuna #1 by multiple sources

How about Jace never plays SS again especially for a struggling Teheran.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha. My wife is at the game with my daughter and two friend for her 13 bday. Front row center of the Bravos dugout. He comment was "seats and stadium are awesome, but our pitcher sucks and it is 5-0 already."

Yep, stadium is awesome. Was at the game today. Very impressive. Bartolo...not so much.

He's been knocked around his last 2 after a pretty good start. Seems like he lives up in the zone with control problems. I am with you though that we should be able to give Sims and Newcomb a shot this summer to see what they can do.

Allard seems to have been pitching pretty well in AA also. But i'd guess it's a little early to start thinking about him.

Allard seems to have been pitching pretty well in AA also. But i'd guess it's a little early to start thinking about him.

Waaaaay too early. His promotion to AA was extremely aggressive and we're lucky it's paying off. Late 2018 should be the earliest we see him.

I mean if he's pitching well and looks like he belongs it's hard to call it extremely aggressive. Maybe he's a stud who is advanced beyond his years going to be ready much sooner than a normal dude.

Alex Wood scoreless streak 25.1. What a disaster trade that was.

Ouch. Remind me what we got for him/what deal he was included in?

With the major league team out in SF, I drove out to Gwinnett for the game this afternoon. Albies looks like he's about 5'6" standing at the plate in person.

Apparently the Gwinnett Braves are changing their name. Should be a fan vote sometime soon.

Okay Acuna is playing out of his mind since the call. Still 7 months away from turning 20.

Where, oh where are we going to find a third basemen?

An Acuna update: he is still playing out of his mind. In 20 games in Mississippi, he is slashing .390/.448/.623.

Also, the Bartolo experience may finally be over.

It's time to turn a corner, Dansby. He's not striking out as much but he can't get sliders and commits an error every other game.

Watched the end of the game last night, Norris has turned into a hell of a closer. Made Ruiz look stupid in the final at bat.

We have DFA'ed our pinch bunter Boni. For some reason we keep trying to make EOF work.

Back