• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official WrestleMania 33 Thread

I really enjoyed New Day for a while, but they are a bit lost at the moment. Their social media stuff is hilarious, particularly creepy "Uncle Daddy" Big E, but on show they're kind of aimless.
They definitely should not have taken the belts away from them. They either need to get the tag belts back on them or get a singles belt on Big E and just have it be a stable. My worst fear is that Vince or HHH will think they need to be broken up.

As per usual, I'm much more excited the NXT Takeover than I am for whatever is going on with the main roster - maybe its because two or three hours of NXT is much easier to digest than the rumored seven hours we'll be getting on Sunday.

The Wyatt/Orton storyline is played out. Orton wins, but Bo Dallas interferes in the match, uniting the Rotunda brothers and forming a new tag team.

Taker leaving it all out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

King got to call a match and JR got to call the main event. That was pretty sweet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was one of the worst WrestleManias I've ever seen.

Having 3 mood killing matches to close the show and for two years in a row having Roman Reigns be the last match and having him win is a fucking terrible decision.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

You know it's bad when Shane McMahon v AJ Styles ended up being on of the best matches of the night.

I mean Goldberg is alright, but my shih tzu can take 10 suplexes and pop back up no problem.

You know it's bad when Shane McMahon v AJ Styles ended up being on of the best matches of the night.
I think it was THE best match of the night, and definitely contributed to a deader-than-expected crowd for the Owens-Jericho match that had to follow. The Hardy return also raised the bar to a point none of the stuff after it could reach it. Wyatt-Orton was terrible and the crowd hated Orton winning. Don't understand the point of having Cena win the belt for a month, Wyatt win the belt for a month, and now Orton getting it. Goldberg-Lesnar was what it was. Reigns-Taker left everybody depressed. Everything after Pitbull was pretty mediocre.

I think it was THE best match of the night, and definitely contributed to a deader-than-expected crowd for the Owens-Jericho match that had to follow. The Hardy return also raised the bar to a point none of the stuff after it could reach it. Wyatt-Orton was terrible and the crowd hated Orton winning. Don't understand the point of having Cena win the belt for a month, Wyatt win the belt for a month, and now Orton getting it. Goldberg-Lesnar was what it was. Reigns-Taker left everybody depressed. Everything after Pitbull was pretty mediocre.
How'd you feel about the Rollins-HHH match? It's the only reason I said Shane-Styles was one of the best because I thought the Rollins match was so great. So many clever reversals and great nearfalls and lots of solid work by both guys all around.

How'd you feel about the Rollins-HHH match? It's the only reason I said Shane-Styles was one of the best because I thought the Rollins match was so great. So many clever reversals and great nearfalls and lots of solid work by both guys all around.
I thought it was good, did its job, the ending was well done. Kind of thought maybe we'd get a Joe attack afterwards since he wasn't on the card at all. But it would've taken him until Tuesday to get down that ramp.

First half of the show was much better than the back half. Owens-Jericho was maybe slightly underwhelming, but still very good. Trips-Rollins was maybe a bit too slow paced, but it was a HHH match, so that is to be expected. Ladder match was honestly a bit shorter than I expected, but adding in the Hardyz may have had something to do with that. Smackdown Women's match had some good spots, and Alexa Bliss is still fantastic, but it was too short to take seriously. Raw Women's match had some good spots early on also, but definitely lost some steam after Jax was eliminated. Seeing the reaction The Miz got was amazing. I doubt he has ever gotten that positive of a response from the crowd. The match wasn't very good, but that was fun.

Wyatt-Orton was disappointing, regardless of the result. Goldberg-Lesnar was mostly what I expected, which was bad. Lesnar used to be able to do much more than just suplex people, and those matches were more entertaining. (The first time he pulled that out against Cena was terrific, though.) I really wish Reigns had more than three moves, so that maybe he could have tried something else when Taker wouldn't stay down after the 4th spear and 76th superman punch. Overall, I think it seemed worse than it was, because of the match order.

That ramp was WAY too long. Ridiculously so.

Need to catch up on NXT, since I missed that Saturday.

Last edited:
Raw Women's match had some good spots early on also, but definitely lost some steam after Jax was eliminated.
Guy on Reddit who was supposedly backstage last night had some interesting bits on this:

* Some heat over the entrance for Bayley. Some people felt as if she was overshadowed.

* "Charlotte look[ed] like Barbara Streisand."

* Bayley looked shook from our monitor. A lot of miscues. She was getting a lot of heat backstage. She was actually tearing up in the ring during the match.

* Nia receiving a lot of praise.

*Another sloppy match. Not a lot of happy people backstage and in the crowd.

How great was it that they just let Roman Reigns go out at the beginning of RAW and get booed mercilessly for 10 minutes only to have him say "This is my yard now." and leave. Fucking brilliant.

Bringing this back from the dead to chat with TiC about Money in the Bank. i'd personally want Becky Lynch and Rusev to win the two MitB matches, but Natalya does make sense is so much as it is an easy to write story which has Natalya chasing he friend Ronda Rousey as champ. It will probably be Alexa, though. Even though I like her as a character, that would not be a great way to go, I don't think. Men's match could really go anywhere and have potential, but I'm not in for Roode. Miz winning and cashing in on AJ, leading to Miz/Bryan would be fantastic. Also, New Day freebirding the briefcase would be fun also.

Bringing this back from the dead to chat with TiC about Money in the Bank. i'd personally want Becky Lynch and Rusev to win the two MitB matches, but Natalya does make sense is so much as it is an easy to write story which has Natalya chasing he friend Ronda Rousey as champ. It will probably be Alexa, though. Even though I like her as a character, that would not be a great way to go, I don't think. Men's match could really go anywhere and have potential, but I'm not in for Roode. Miz winning and cashing in on AJ, leading to Miz/Bryan would be fantastic. Also, New Day freebirding the briefcase would be fun also.

I just caught this Redwing, but yes, I 100% agree with literally everything you posted. Becky is my absolute fav and I'm tired of Alexa (so stupid to have her cash in same night). You were dead on about that though. What's the point of giving the MITB to Braun when he literally needs no kind of push to ever try to take the title? The whole point of MITB should be to showcase an up-and-comer or someone needing a push (Rusev would have been perfect here). But I agree, Miz winning would have been good for future booking purposes.

BTW, RIP VADER

Back