• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 NFL Survival and Pick'em Fantasy Football Thread

If you want to gamble a little bit this week I think that TB is a great pick.

Why? They're playing their first game and the Bears almost beat the Falcons last week.

Why? They're playing their first game and the Bears almost beat the Falcons last week.

I think TB stomps CHI this week. You can normally throw out the first game of the season. Bears will play a lot of teams close this year but don't have weapons to keep up to offenses that get ahead of them and the defense will get figured out. They aren't very good this year.

I think TB stomps CHI this week. You can normally throw out the first game of the season. Bears will play a lot of teams close this year but don't have weapons to keep up to offenses that get ahead of them and the defense will get figured out. They aren't very good this year.

Right. And the Bucs are playing their first game of the season. No sense picking a team in their first game if you don't have to do so.

And don't count out the Mike Glennon revenge factor.

Right. And the Bucs are playing their first game of the season. No sense picking a team in their first game if you don't have to do so.

And don't count out the Mike Glennon revenge factor.

You really are scared of Mike Glennon? I mean come on. And i'm a NCSU guy. And this isn't a normal first game. We can sit here and argue around a bush all day but I still believe that TB smokes Chicago this week. Think you are underestimating what losing a game against a team like ATL that it had a really good chance to win will do to CHI.

LOL. I was joking about Glennon. I'll pick the Bucs in the pick 'em. I just think the Bucs are a riskier pick than at least 3 or 4 other teams.

I'll definitely be rooting for Glennon to stick it to the Bucs. That would be hilarious.

I think the Bucs will win, too, but there are much better options available. The Bears won't be a pushover.

So tau is not a sharp

Meh. I do fine. I said if you want to take a gamble. TB is way behind Baltimore, Oakland, and Seattle as far as a "lock" this weekend but if you are playing the strategy of a survivor league and want to get a few teams out of the way early that you don't want to have to be leaning on come week 10 or 11 then I think TB or someone like Arizona are risky picks that are worth the reward of saving a Seattle or Oakland for down the line. But you guys do you.

I gotcha, tau. lol I've tried both strategies over the years and both have bit me in the ass. The only winning move is not to play. :)

I agree with that logic. That's why I took the Rams last week.

Didn't take much gumption to know the Colts needed Luck to win.

You had much more faith in Goff than I did. He was absolutely awful last year.

Lost 2 more this past weekend. Don't forget to make your picks.

tau killed this discussion last week. Me? I Bungled my pick. #depheated

tau killed this discussion last week. Me? I Bungled my pick. #depheated

Got lucky that the Bears really are terrible (and lost yet another one in the game) and bad Glennon came to play. His WR's are horrendous so i'm not sure how many teams they can even stay with this season. Glennon is going to get killed with no weapons and no mobility. Not a good combo.

So tau is not a sharp

Shake it off.

Little early for this but I think it's a week to just take the layups in Pitt, NE, or GB. Think the rest of the games I can at least make a case why i'd be scared taking any of the other sides.

If you get "bold" I think you can think the play is Miami but at -5.5 or -6 point favorites but I don't know if you can really ever call picking against the Jets "bold" this season.

Back