• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 NFL Survival and Pick'em Fantasy Football Thread

Volatile week. The Dolphins and Steelers knocked some folks out. The Patriots and Packers nearly did the same (for a much larger contingent).

All I can say is wheeeew! I was one that had the Pack this week.

But I got creamed in Pick'em.

What a blood bath this week. I couldn't have been more wrong about basically every game. Buffalo over Den was about the only thing I got right. Let's not do that again NFL.

Yep. I was bouncing back and forth between the Packers and Eagles. I would have won either one but both were nail biters.
I'd guess most people got creamed in the Pick'em, I did. I got more wrong than right.

That game scared me because GB had some injury issues, and Cincy had changed OCs. But I nearly lost, and should have, by picking NE. How has their D deteriorated so badly since last year?

Yep. I was bouncing back and forth between the Packers and Eagles. I would have won either one but both were nail biters.
I'd guess most people got creamed in the Pick'em, I did. I got more wrong than right.

11-4 so far this week going into tonight's game - I needed to make up some ground after the first two weeks.

We now have more eliminations (16) than active entries (14). On to week 5.

We now have more eliminations (16) than active entries (14). On to week 5.

And nearly half of the ones eliminated didn't make a pick. :rulz:

Looking ahead to next week, there isn't a really big stand-out that I haven't already used.

Five more got jobbed today, all by the Steelers. Nine left standing.

I had picked Pittsburgh but switched to the Eagles, phew. Why can't i be the lucky w/my fantasy team? Started Amari Cooper... again!!

Yeah I'm mad at myself for going Steelers because I know the Cardinals are bad and the Eagles were gonna win, but it was (and still kind of remains) unclear about the Jags -- they are very Jekyll and Hyde. But I didn't even want to go Philly because they'd have had other opportunities - I really wanted to pull the trigger on Miami and it turns out I should have. Oh well.

Yeah I'm mad at myself for going Steelers because I know the Cardinals are bad and the Eagles were gonna win, but it was (and still kind of remains) unclear about the Jags -- they are very Jekyll and Hyde. But I didn't even want to go Philly because they'd have had other opportunities - I really wanted to pull the trigger on Miami and it turns out I should have. Oh well.

Yeah, I had the Eagles in my league. The Steelers aren't quite right yet, and you can run on them. But the Jags won because of 2 pick-6s on tips and a 9:00 drive that consisted of no passing plays. The Jags would be a legit team if it weren't for Bortles because their D is great. He simply sucks ass. The Jags are the 1 team who should go out and get Kaepernick. Kaep is no longer the player he was for that good 2 year period because he isn't accurate and isn't a good reader of Ds. But he doesn't turn it over much, and his legs would be an asset for that offense - hell, they'd run the ball 70% of the time. And the best thing about the Jags signing Kaep would be reading the tweets Trump would have about Khan and Kaep.

Mine too. The favored home team in a prime time game is usually about as safe a bet as you can make in football. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Down to the final four. Good luck to you all.

Congrats to TripleDeacon's Picks for outlasting everybody in Survival! You now have the championship belt. Lasting through week 11 is a run good. Well done.

Back