• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 NFL Survival and Pick'em Fantasy Football Thread

WakeTheNation

Reaction score
Last edited:
In on both,
On the survival game is anyone going to pick anything other than Pittsburgh over Cleveland? Seems like the lock of the week.

Last edited:
In on both,
On the survival game is anyone going to pick anything other than Pittsburgh over Cleveland? Seems like the lock of the week.

After fully reading the rules I see you can only pick a team once per season. OK, this got a bit harder.

bump

reminder for those putting it off until the last minute

So 2 forgot to make picks and 2 went for the story book ending with Houston beating up on Jacksonville to win one for their battered city. Didn't see that plot twist coming, did ya? lol Four out, thanks for playing.

:beer:

14/30 entrants picked away teams, and all survived:

8 Steelers
4 Falcons
2 Panthers

Did it really matter where the Steelers played the Browns? lol

And against a better team, the Panthers would have lost. Way too many lost opportunities.

David Johnson has a dislocated wrist. May be headed to IR. Those with the first pick in fantasy football drafts are feeling his pain.

David Johnson has a dislocated wrist. May be headed to IR. Those with the first pick in fantasy football drafts are feeling his pain.

This is why I'll never understand why RBs are always bunched at the top of fantasy rankings over QBs.

This is why I'll never understand why RBs are always bunched at the top of fantasy rankings over QBs.

it is because a lot of RBs are part of a tandem and do not carry the rushing load like they used to. when you find one, they are a top pick. besides there are also a lot less elite QBs and a bunch of QBs that can get you around the same points.

Fantasy maxim: you can never have too much RB depth.

It's just a matter of where you get it. Ideally you get a 20+ carry guy in the first and stack the back of the draft with young guys who are likely to get a shot.

Seems like Oakland and Seattle are the obvious survivor picks this week?

Seems like Oakland and Seattle are the obvious survivor picks this week?

Both are ~2 touchdown favorites. Oakland feels like a lock. I could see San Francisco covering, but really doubt they win.

Back