• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official John Collins ROY Watch thread

Pointless to attempt to reason with anyone who does not get the massive developmental difference between a 19 year-old male and a 21 year-old male in literally every athletic endeavor.

I never said anything like you allege. Townie (and many others) often talk about the value of having a younger player. That's what it looked like he posted.

But keep trying to put words in my mouth. You failed this time.

Townie (and many others) often talk about the value of having a younger player. .

If that was the argument I was making, why then would I suggest that having the older player is better? You have serious problems with very basic reasoning.

"I think a major difference is the two year age difference though"

But your position was that the difference between Tatum's 19 and Simmons being 21` is "major". It's likely of little to no consequence. I'd lean very heavily to no consequence.

And that's before putting in the "red-shirt year".

There you go changing your position when found to be demonstrably wrong rather simply saying you are wrong.

I never said anything like you allege. Townie (and many others) often talk about the value of having a younger player. That's what it looked like he posted.

But keep trying to put words in my mouth. You failed this time.

OK.

Massive developmental difference = No consequence. That makes sense.

If that was the argument I was making, why then would I suggest that having the older player is better? You have serious problems with very basic reasoning.

It seemed like you were balancing Simmons' advantages with Tatum like you did in the last sentence.

I'm looking forward to the next 3 pages of arguments regarding a 2 year age difference.

Again I have 0 interest in cultivating an rchildress level of relationship with rj. It does seem to most observers that what I was saying was indeed quite straightforward. I'll leave it at that.

Tatum is really damn good, watched a lot of the Pistons game, and he's got such a ridic stroke. Feels like a huge miss for the Sixers. Fultz still can be the best player in this draft, but it'll take a lot.

When talking about 19 & 21 yos, I am talking about long-term, not this season.

And again, I was not. Because this is a thread about rookie of the year candidates vying for rookie of the year award in their rookie seasons.

Again I have 0 interest in cultivating an rchildress level of relationship with rj. It does seem to most observers that what I was saying was indeed quite straightforward. I'll leave it at that.

Tatum is really damn good, watched a lot of the Pistons game, and he's got such a ridic stroke. Feels like a huge miss for the Sixers. Fultz still can be the best player in this draft, but it'll take a lot.

I think the biggest reason the Sixers didn't sit and take Tatum is that they already had Covington at SF and may have thought Simmons could morph into playing SF on D. The Sixers needed a top guard to play D and shoot more than a SF/PF.

I hope I am proven wrong, but as the draft approached, I was leaning much more for trading #3 down for #5 and #10 (maybe we would have had to throw in Jah or something minor). I think I'd rather have had Fox and Monk or Fox and Mitchell than Fultz.

I hope I'm wrong, but I've never thought Fultz would be a superstar that the #1 pick should become.

I think a lot of people would be happy if you placed a bet with him.

I think the biggest reason the Sixers didn't sit and take Tatum is that they already had Covington at SF and may have thought Simmons could morph into playing SF on D. The Sixers needed a top guard to play D and shoot more than a SF/PF.

I hope I am proven wrong, but as the draft approached, I was leaning much more for trading #3 down for #5 and #10 (maybe we would have had to throw in Jah or something minor). I think I'd rather have had Fox and Monk or Fox and Mitchell than Fultz.

I hope I'm wrong, but I've never thought Fultz would be a superstar that the #1 pick should become.

Covington is the guy at 3, but if that was the deciding factor on passing on Tatum, that's pretty dumb. There would still be plenty of minutes for Tatum at the 3 or elsewhere. What I read coming out of Philly brass was they thought Fultz was the best fit and best overall player. The former is questionable given how good Simmons is with the ball in his hands, how Fultz is really best as the primary ballhandler, and given that the Sixers could really use warm bodies anywhere from 1-3. The latter seems questionable too at this point, though comparing their college games it wasn't so clear cut.

I think the "fit" is the better reason. The Sixers have Simmons, Saric and Covington to play positions that Tatum could play and virtually no one to play what Fultz would.

Could have gone jumbo. Simmons, Tatum, Covington, Lebron, Embiid. Profit.

JC questionable to return vs. the Cavs tomorrow.

Collins being sent down to the G-League to finish rehabbing his shoulder. Could be back in the Hawks lineup Thursday against Detroit.

I look forward to seeing clips of him wrecking some G-League rims.

Collins being sent down to the G-League to finish rehabbing his shoulder. Could be back in the Hawks lineup Thursday against Detroit.

If he might play as soon as Thursday, what is the point of sending him to the G-League?

If he might play as soon as Thursday, what is the point of sending him to the G-League?

To finish rehabbing his shoulder. He can get a game in there before playing on Thursday.

Back