Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314

Thread: Crisis in Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by DeacHead View Post
    I've been to America's most ironically named town - Liberal, Kansas.
    The asshole of our great state

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by AsesinoDeTortugas View Post
    The asshole of our great state
    So that's why they hate liberals.

This is fucking astounding even by Trump standards.

Trump: Military 'shouldn't have to be' distributing food in Puerto Rico

The president said that while federal agencies have provided "massive" amounts of food and water to Puerto Rico — where access to resources and power remains severely hampered by last month's storm — they should not also be expected to distribute them. Trump has previously said Puerto Ricans relied too much on federal government resources instead of a "community effort" to rebuild.

Story Continued Below

“We have massive amounts of water. We have massive amounts of food," Trump said at the White House, where he spoke alongside Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. "But they have to distribute the food.”

Trump added: "We now actually have military distributing food — something that, really, they shouldn't have to be doing."

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/1...43835?lo=ap_d1
    Last edited by Newenglanddeac; 10-16-2017 at 07:13 PM.

A lot of people don't think the primary job of the military is to protect Americans unless they kill Muslims or whoever in the process.

Maybe it would help if Trump had a better working relationship with the president of Puerto Rico.
    I love mankind...it's PEOPLE I can't stand!!

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    A lot of people don't think the primary job of the military is to protect Americans unless they kill Muslims or whoever in the process.
    If by "a lot of people" you mean "it has been federal law for about 150 years," then yes. The National Guard of PR may be used for such things. By law, the US military is limited in what it can do unless domestic unrest pops up.

You don't think lack of food and water leads to domestic unrest?

Quote Originally Posted by EatLeadCommie View Post
    If by "a lot of people" you mean "it has been federal law for about 150 years," then yes. The National Guard of PR may be used for such things. By law, the US military is limited in what it can do unless domestic unrest pops up.
    You might want to read the Stafford Act.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    You don't think lack of food and water leads to domestic unrest?
    I didn't write the law. Use of troops is extremely limited unless (and until) there is civil unrest. The broader point here is that yes, the military is best equipped for killing bad guys and are trained very well for it. Their use domestically is severely curtailed for good reason. Even their use abroad as "peacekeepers" has been widely questioned in recent years when they have been used as such.

Quote Originally Posted by DistrictDeacon View Post
    You might want to read the Stafford Act.
    10 day limit, as I recall. PRNG or locals will have to step it up if they haven't already.

Quote Originally Posted by EatLeadCommie View Post

10 day limit, as I recall. PRNG or locals will have to step it up if they haven't already.
    As far as I know, 10 days is only the limit if the Governor hasn't officially declared a disaster. After that, it's unlimited until there is no further need.

I see Trump is patting himself on the back re: Puerto Rico again.

Doctors in Puerto Rico: 'Reality here is post-apocalyptic'

I would give myself a 10 Trump said when asked by reporters how he would score his efforts, on a 1-10 scale.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Gossett Jr View Post
    “I would give myself a 10” Trump said when asked by reporters how he would score his efforts, on a 1-10 scale.
    He also gave his morning dump a 10 and related that Sessions licked his ass afterwards

I disagree with you
    RJ remixing his trump-shit-licking slam

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    RJ remixing his trump-shit-licking slam
    What don't you understand? It's all about power!!!!!!

The people!

Ramirez said the government should encourage those living in the hardest-hit areas to move to the mainland, out of the direct path of hurricanes and into communities with more-reliable infrastructure. "I object. I object. They should stay where they are and fix their own country up," Hogg responded softly, shaking his head, wrongly referring to the U.S. territory as a separate nation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...f98_story.html