• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF @ GT October 21 7 pm on ESPN2 or 7:30 on ESPNU

Pilchard

Reaction score
Here is the full ACC slate that day:

Saturday, October 21

Louisville at Florida State, noon, ABC, ESPN, or ESPN2 – network designation after the games of Oct. 14
Pittsburgh at Duke, 12:20 p.m., ACC Network
Boston College at Virginia, 12:30 p.m., RSN
Syracuse at Miami, 3:30 p.m., ABC, ESPN, or ESPN2 – network designation after the games of Oct. 14
North Carolina at Virginia Tech, 3:30 p.m., ABC, ESPN, or ESPN2 – network designation after the games of Oct. 14
Wake Forest at Georgia Tech, 7 p.m., ESPN2 or 7:30 p.m., ESPNU – time designation after the games of Oct. 14

Prime time action for the Deacs.

WF will be coming off a bye week. GT is in a sandwich spot as they play Miami in a key division game this week, and play Clemson on October 28.

Last edited:
Looks like it's between us and a Big 12 game for E2/EU.

But I imagine we're probably EU bound unless GT upsets Miami.

Just saw this... Either way, it is great news.

Anyone else planning on going? I haven't purchased a ticket yet, but I am 99% sure I'll be there.

ctdeac13 and I will be there. Looking forward to crossing Bobby Dodd off of my stadium list.

noon game = going with my family (wife + 2 young girls)
night game = me drinking with friends

How in the world does a 1 win North Carolina team get a nationally televised spot?

Correction -- we're up against USF/Tulane for E2 or EU. More likely we wind up on E2 but I'd guess we're EU bound unless GT beats Miami or USF very surprisingly loses @ home to Cincinnati

Last edited:
Just saw this... Either way, it is great news.

Anyone else planning on going? I haven't purchased a ticket yet, but I am 99% sure I'll be there.

I'll be there.....and I'll be sitting on the GT terrace - end zone deck right in front of the visitor section.
A good friend and big GT donor gave me his tickets for this game. Imagine I'll be the only one wearing Wake gear.
Also, lots of food and open bar all game long.

Haven't been there in many years now, but back in the day Ga Tech was always one of my favorite road trips for football. Great stadium and atmosphere.

Big game for us, a win in Atlanta would be huge to start the 2nd half of the season.

I'll be there. I'm feeling a lot better about it than I was after watching the Ga Tech/Tennessee game. Surprisingly, I think the offense having an extra week to prep is just as important as the defense, as the defense could struggle regardless. Hopefully we can go punch for punch and pull one out on the road. I'm thinking something along the lines of 28 - 24 Deacs :dancindeac:

I'm also glad we got Death Valley out of the way early. We settled down well after being rattled out of the gate, but that was a game we weren't going to win anyway. Hopefully now we'll be more prepared for loud crowds under the lights at Ga Tech and Notre Dame.

Last edited:
This is an ideal time for a bye week. Splits up two tough road destinations. Time to heal after playing Clemson. Time to prep for the option. On a personal note, this and the Panthers Thursday nighter free up my weekend.

don't really trust our LBs or team tackling enough to feel good about this one

Our DL is quite good. Our safeties are pretty good too.

Our DL is quite good. Our safeties are pretty good too.

Our D will need to stay alert and fresh.
Like others said, this is a perfect time for our bye week to prepare.

Lame war on drugs will take my attention...sorry wake...but not really

Need some TFL's against Tech on 1st or 2nd down. Getting them off schedule is always a big key.

Back