• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The religious right's hypocrisy now on full display

I think it’s awfully ironic because Jesus had nothing to say about homosexuality, but he did have something to say about divorce.

I think it’s awfully ironic because Jesus had nothing to say about homosexuality, but he did have something to say about divorce.

Because Jesus was in the closet. I thought everyone knew this.

Exactly. I would love for his eventual opponent challenge him on that and ask him what Jesus’ comments were on the 2 subjects. It calls out Trump’s ignorance on Christianity, while emphasizing bym’s point.

Evangelicals leaders are only talking about salvation with respect to Trump nowadays.

I once thought that the public humiliation of being outed, tried, and convicted for stealing church funds and donations and using them to build yourself and your nutcase wife a lavish lifestyle (including an air-conditioned doghouse), secretly paying a church secretary to keep quiet about you allegedly drugging and raping her and credible accusations that you had straight and homosexual affairs while leading the PTL program, having people wearing t-shirts saying "I ran into Tammy Faye Bakker at the mall" with blotches of makeup colors, and then spending over five years in prison for your crimes would have made Jim Bakker a little more contrite. I thought wrong - the lure of continuing to con cash from the rubes was just too strong to resist, I guess.

Last edited:
Yep. Evangelicals are selective about who they forgive 7 x 70 times.

heavens to Betsy ! shame on you, Burger King.

A conservative activist group is blasting Burger King for using what it calls profanity to sell meatless Whoppers.

In August, the fast-food giant rolled out a commercial featuring a man taste-testing the new plant-based Impossible Whopper. In between bites, he mumbles, “Damn, that’s good.”

Enter One Million Moms, which says its mission is to “stop the exploitation of our children, especially by the entertainment media.” It’s the same group that recently pressured the Hallmark channel to pull a commercial featuring lesbian brides getting married, though the network later apologized and said it had made the “wrong decision.”

In a news release Friday, One Million Moms said the ad was “damaging to impressionable children,” who tend to repeat what they hear. “The language in the commercial is offensive, and it’s sad that this once family restaurant has made yet another deliberate decision to produce a controversial advertisement instead of a wholesome one."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/01/13/burger-king-damn-impossible-whopper-ad/

That’s what conservatives actually care about.

Back