• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The religious right's hypocrisy now on full display

Falwell said he was leaving Liberty in part because he did not want his wife’s conduct to embarrass the school. But he also said he had been bored and wanted to move on.

The line about “I didn’t break any rules, I still get my compensation” is just the dumbest most prosperity gospel ass shit. What a great Christian.

Good grief - the Falwells need to take all of their money, move to Florida, lose their fake Christianity front, and just lead the swinger lifestyle that they obviously desire.

The former pool boy, Giancarlo Granda, released a statement tonight accusing both Falwells of lying and trying to discredit him. The most interesting parts of his statement are that he called Jerry Falwell a "predator", said that he did not seduce Falwell's wife, but that she invited him to her hotel room to begin their affair, and that Little Falwell recently sent him a picture of a Liberty University coed exposing herself to Jerry at their farm. My guess is that there are plenty more stories waiting to be released about Jerry and Becki's activities with Liberty U students, among others.

Link: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EgTqsAvXoAE1zVo.jpg

How has this not been posted yet?

EXCLUSIVE
‘She was the aggressor’: Former Liberty student alleges sexual encounter with Becki Falwell
A former student at the evangelical university opens up about a 2008 incident with the wife of the school’s president.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/...-liberty-university-student-band-jerry-402559

It was, in some form.

You should read the Politico article. That's a different accusation from a Liberty student who was in a band with the Falwell's son about how Becki groomed him and seduced him.

How has this not been posted yet?

EXCLUSIVE
‘She was the aggressor’: Former Liberty student alleges sexual encounter with Becki Falwell
A former student at the evangelical university opens up about a 2008 incident with the wife of the school’s president.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/...-liberty-university-student-band-jerry-402559

No surprise at all. I have a hunch that we're all going to be seeing numerous stories in the next few weeks and months regarding both Falwells providing intimate knowledge of sinful activities to selected male and female Liberty U. students at their farm and elsewhere. The Falwells truly are perfect material for a reality-tv series of their very own.

The first tell with the Falwells should have been their wealth. Any Christian minister who lives in a giant house and is worth millions of dollars doesn't believe a fucking word he preaches. They are con artists.

The first tell with the Falwells should have been their wealth. Any Christian minister who lives in a giant house and is worth millions of dollars doesn't believe a fucking word he preaches. They are con artists.

Jr technically isn't a preacher, but I'd argue that it's a double con to gain showy wealth running a Christian university.

By the way, Wake still has a football series scheduled with Liberty.

The former pool boy, Giancarlo Granda, released a statement tonight accusing both Falwells of lying and trying to discredit him. The most interesting parts of his statement are that he called Jerry Falwell a "predator", said that he did not seduce Falwell's wife, but that she invited him to her hotel room to begin their affair, and that Little Falwell recently sent him a picture of a Liberty University coed exposing herself to Jerry at their farm. My guess is that there are plenty more stories waiting to be released about Jerry and Becki's activities with Liberty U students, among others.

Link: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EgTqsAvXoAE1zVo.jpg

You should read the Politico article. That's a different accusation from a Liberty student who was in a band with the Falwell's son about how Becki groomed him and seduced him.

Ahhh, I missed that it was a separate allegation. MY BAD !

Yeah. It's a sad read. He's in his 30s now and he still feels guilty about it. He compares himself to Joseph in the Bible being tempted by Potiphar's wife except he believes he failed God and gave into the temptation.

I definitely think we're going to find more stories of how the Falwells groomed students.

Jr technically isn't a preacher, but I'd argue that it's a double con to gain showy wealth running a Christian university.

By the way, Wake still has a football series scheduled with Liberty.

He'd be the first to tell you that he is not a minister and therefore doesn't have to follow those rules.

No surprise at all. I have a hunch that we're all going to be seeing numerous stories in the next few weeks and months regarding both Falwells providing intimate knowledge of sinful activities to selected male and female Liberty U. students at their farm and elsewhere. The Falwells truly are perfect material for a reality-tv series of their very own.

Cougar King...?

"Cougar College"

Liberty University announced today that they are opening an "independent investigation" into Little Falwell's tenure as president of the school. The trustees say they have hired an outside firm to look into Falwell's management practices - the investigators will "conduct a thorough investigation into all facets of Liberty University operations during Jerry Falwell, Jr.’s tenure as President, including but not limited to financial, real estate, and legal matters.”

This could certainly get interesting. If the "leading forensics firm" they hired really is allowed to do a thorough, in-depth investigation, Little Falwell and his wife may be facing a lot more than just public humiliation and getting fired.

Link: https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/31/liberty-university-jerry-falwell-inquiry-406355

Back