• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

Hmm this sounds like the deep state rubes have been recently warning us about.

Schmitz's connection to the multi-faceted effort to expose damaging information about Clinton has not been previously reported. His status as a former Pentagon inspector general afforded him access to the agencies and a sophisticated understanding of the government bureaucracy. He was relentless, sources say, and truly believed his client had found important, sensitive material. He did not hesitate in his pursuit even though the material on the dark web -- a part of the Internet not easily accessible or traceable -- was questionable and many experts already believed the Russians had stolen Clinton's emails.

Schmitz met with officials at the FBI, the State Department and the Intelligence Community Inspector General -- the watchdog tasked with investigating Clinton's alleged mishandling of classified information. He claimed a source he called "PATRIOT," an unidentified contractor he was representing, had discovered what he believed was likely material stolen from Clinton that could contain classified information. Both the client and Schmitz were afraid that going through the material without permission could jeopardize their security clearances, though there is no indication their actions were illegal.

I thought I was pretty critical of him.

By concentrating on Manafort and people who can be connected to Trump are you making excuses for the swamp?

Well it sounded like you were throwing out the old ‘everyone is doing it so why shouldn’t Manafort’ excuse so I wanted to clarify. I’m not making excuses for anyone. Put them all in jail, I don’t give a fuck. I just want to protect the environment.

Fine. I was not and am not defending Manafort. As the posts show I was pretty critical of him. I think he's a slime and so is the swamp. And ultimately the swamp is a bigger problem than Manafort. Eventually Manafort will be gone. The swamp remains.

Fine. I was not and am not defending Manafort. As the posts show I was pretty critical of him. I think he's a slime and so is the swamp. And ultimately the swamp is a bigger problem than Manafort. Eventually Manafort will be gone. The swamp remains.

Sure looks like a defense to me. BUT HER EMAILS!!!!!

Exclusive: Trump begins informal prep for potential Mueller interview

Outwardly, Trump has remained receptive to -- even enthusiastic about -- the prospect of sitting before Mueller, who is investigating whether his campaign colluded with Russia and whether Trump attempted to short-circuit the investigation itself. He has indicated that sitting for an interview himself could help bring the investigation to a swift end.

Privately, however, Trump has been more equivocal about answering Mueller's questions, depending on the day. Trump has wavered on his pledge as friends and advisers caution him of the risks of speaking to prosecutors who have already charged 19 individuals with criminal offenses, including lying.

The terms of how Trump would be questioned -- including whether he would speak under oath -- have not yet been determined. Even if he isn't questioned under oath, however, Trump could still open himself to charges if he lies to Mueller's team, since lying to the FBI is a crime.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/06/politics/trump-robert-mueller-lawyers/index.html

“The search does not appear to be directly related to Mr. Mueller’s investigation, but likely resulted from information he had uncovered and gave to prosecutors in New York.”

“The search does not appear to be directly related to Mr. Mueller’s investigation, but likely resulted from information he had uncovered and gave to prosecutors in New York.”

It's now being reported that this does not have to do with the Special Counsel. Rather, it's about other legal issues.

Campaign finance violations, no doubt.

Move to the Stormy Daniels thread.

Back