• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UCLA bball players arrested in China for shoplifting

Can we get an update from TheReff? Have the Chinese chopped off their balls yet?

f2fc93_112512trav2.jpg

Are these guys still on their extended sight seeing trip in China?

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017/11/11/ucla-players-several-stores/

"It had initially be reported that the players were suspected of stealing sunglasses from a Louis Vuitton store. However, a source told Markazi that there is surveillance video showing them also possibly shoplifting items from two more stores in the same high-end shopping center that houses Louis Vuitton.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported Thursday that there is a strong likelihood the three players will face a sentence of 20 days of house arrest and then be banned from coming to China again."

Oh noes! At least have Ball throw in a few pairs of BBB shoes.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017/11/11/ucla-players-several-stores/

"It had initially be reported that the players were suspected of stealing sunglasses from a Louis Vuitton store. However, a source told Markazi that there is surveillance video showing them also possibly shoplifting items from two more stores in the same high-end shopping center that houses Louis Vuitton.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported Thursday that there is a strong likelihood the three players will face a sentence of 20 days of house arrest and then be banned from coming to China again."

If that's all, they are Very lucky.

So the punishment is 3 weeks of a 5* hotel with room service, PPV movies and no doubt they've got some combo of XBOX, PS4 and Switch with them. Then they can never assume the legacy of Stephon Marbury. I think I'll head to China to steal some chic accoutrements to see if I can get the same deal.

Wait, i heard they were getting their hands chopped off Agrabah-style

Source: Trump tried to help resolve situation w/ Chinese president. Actually surprising.

So the punishment is 3 weeks of a 5* hotel with room service, PPV movies and no doubt they've got some combo of XBOX, PS4 and Switch with them. Then they can never assume the legacy of Stephon Marbury. I think I'll head to China to steal some chic accoutrements to see if I can get the same deal.

Who is paying for Hotel: China, Alibaba, or UCLA?

Who is paying for Hotel: China, Alibaba, or UCLA?

Just from seeing a few issues play out like this on the NCAA level (and obviously this one is rather unique)... the school should have a petty-cash account that pretty much amounts to 'pay the bills from our players being shit-turds quietly, before anybody really asks those questions' money.

The last-minute travel for individual players who get in trouble during bowl games, etc. can be wildly expensive... but it's considerably better for the schools (pr wise) just to write those checks.

Just from seeing a few issues play out like this on the NCAA level (and obviously this one is rather unique)... the school should have a petty-cash account that pretty much amounts to 'pay the bills from our players being shit-turds quietly, before anybody really asks those questions' money.

The last-minute travel for individual players who get in trouble during bowl games, etc. can be wildly expensive... but it's considerably better for the schools (pr wise) just to write those checks.

That wouldn't be considered as an impermissable benefit?

They're coming home

Wait, I thought theReff told us that China was tough on criminals, unlike all the coddling those Hate America First libs give to to criminals here in America. What the fuck happened?

So how many games does UCLA suspend these players for ? And this wasn't just shoplifting at the local department store, this was an international incident. I assume that their coach had specifically told them not to do anything that could be interpreted as running afoul of the law, not that he should have to in the first place.

LaVar Ball's comment: Everyone's making it a big deal. It ain't that big a deal.

Back