• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Meltdown thread

Can we go all NC State and quickly sign some Juco who can join the team in January?

Maybe we need a surprise August Euro big signee to replace Dinos.

A Ron Wellman / Nathan Hatch - PC hire

Manning is just a horrible in game coach. Doesn't have a clue. Would make a good assistant but has no business being a head coach at this level. You just can't play 4 guards at the same time. The rebounding disadvantage is just going to get worse if he keeps up his love of the 4 guards at once. You have to play at least two bigs at all time and hope they get better.

That’s all it is, was and ever will be.

I mean, we're so bad that torching the coaches is totally justified.

At the same time, these stat lines are simply incredible. Under 12% from deep with only 2 made 3's tonight. Our entire front court shot under 30% from the free throw line. Wilbekin is shooting under 8% from the floor, just slightly trailing Childress at 15% from the floor.

Have Crawford and Woods ever shot 0% from deep in a game before? Did our conditioning crew get confused on game day and put everyone through a brutal arms lifting day? Does Manning secretly believe athletes should be paid and is throwing the first couple of games to win everyone some bets?

Good gracious this is real bad. Sarr surprises everyone by playing and our potential savior puts up zero points, rebounds, blocks, steals, assists in 10 minutes of play. Our entire bench played 58 minutes against Liberty and scored 5 points! How? There's a good chance just pulling up for uncontested 3's at half court would have been more successful.

We have 3 decent players and nothing else. We look worse than NC State last year, and they won 4 ACC games. We only get Pitt once so the over/under for ACC wins today is 3. Jesus.

What a fucking disaster. It is simply impossible for DM to be a good coach and something like this happen in year 4. It is inexcusable and alarming. I thought with the development of Collins and the improved recruiting at we were making progress. This is going to reach panic point soon.

Just wait for the meltdown thread when this shit keeps up and one of the ‘18 recruits asks to be released from his NLI.

What a fucking disaster. It is simply impossible for DM to be a good coach and something like this happen in year 4. It is inexcusable and alarming. I thought with the development of Collins and the improved recruiting at we were making progress. This is going to reach panic point soon.

PC hire proving the Peter Principle.

Just wait for the meltdown thread when this shit keeps up and one of the ‘18 recruits asks to be released from his NLI.

If that happens, get him da fuk outta here.

I went mountain biking instead of going to the game. I made the right choice and am feeling pretty enlightened.

PC hire proving the Peter Principle.

Are you saying we should have hired an inexperienced white coach instead of an inexperienced black coach?

Back