• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Gator fans thoughts on Dave Clawson

"If the University of Florida hires Dave Clawson as its head football coach it means a terrible catastrophe has come upon the Earth and most people in the world are dead. So I guess thinking about it that way, he would be an excellent hire."

Ouch. TJDK :thumbsup:

He wouldn't be a good fit for them because they want a quick fix. Clawson understands the amount of work and time it takes to implement a system, and the majority of Gators fans would not have that kind of patience. Hell, plenty of Wake fans didn't even have the patience before 2 weeks ago...

Too bad Florida sucks so bad because I sure would like to beat their ass in a bowl game somewhere.

The Chip Kelly hire will be announced soon, so the blinders are up.

Too bad Florida sucks so bad because I sure would like to beat their ass in a bowl game somewhere.

Amen. Any chance they could sneak into the Independence at 5-6? I'd be happy with it if we get to play them.

If you win eight games in Gainesville, they'll fire you. Win eight games at Wake and we'll erect a statue. #HandsoftheClaw

I'm glad they feel that way.
We're happy with him, they're happy without him.

If this is how other fans see Clawson, we're in good shape.

They're going to be playing a damn good coach tomorrow in Bill Clark. I love what he did for UAB before they got screwed by the state of Alabama, the work he put in to get the program back, and now he has them bowl eligible after giving themselves a 2 year death penalty. It's truly unbelievable. The man can coach, and he is an absolute work horse. Had they not gotten rid of their program, I think he would have been on the radar for a major conference (low tier team) gig by now. If Clawson does leave us in the coming years, he could be a guy we look at after he gets some more experience.

Last edited:
As a Florida fan, I sure as shit hope we don’t hire Dave Clawson.

I love Clawson at Wake, but UF is a whole different ballgame.

Obviously, he’d probably do fine there, but that’s not a hire that would/should ever get made. The resume just isn’t there.

You‘re right. I was working hard for a broader, more meaningful way to say Florida sucks.

Florida football wasn't invented until 1990, when the lord of the deep route Steve Spurrier made it into existence to humiliate UGA until he dies.

You do make a good point though with this two coach theory. In fact, Alabama wouldn't be anything if Bear Bryant or Nick Saban never coached there.

Also, UF is going 3-8. Randy Shannon is not good and the talent is nonexistent or suspended.

As a Florida fan, I sure as shit hope we don’t hire Dave Clawson.

I love Clawson at Wake, but UF is a whole different ballgame.

Obviously, he’d probably do fine there, but that’s not a hire that would/should ever get made. The resume just isn’t there.

Just curious, if winning at four schools isn't enough, then who does fit the criteria?

Back