• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Robes?

Robes?

• Total voters
I find sweats much more comfortable than a robe. I feel like the robe needs constant readjusting.

Got ll bean his and her robes (mines does not have the extra insulation lining) as a gift at out wedding...dope shit

I’m not a robe fella. Bongs has a robe and now that you mention it she uses it quite a bit and I should get her a fancy new one.

What a about capes? Capes seem like what robes evolved from. Like capes are apes and humans are robes.

And within that continuum I feel like there should be a different word for a formal robe like a judges robe. Robes are for bathroom, lounging type behavior. Chicks blow drying their hair after a shower and Hugh Hefner stuff. It’s weird to use the same term (robe) for highly honored dispensers of wisdom and justice. And the chosen conduits between mortals and god (preacher fellas). Those robes need a new word. Doctors and lab fellas have smocks or lab coats or something. Also not deserving terms.

We should come up with a new word for formal robes.

Copywright Rubbins. For my standup.

Last edited:
I’m not a robe fella. Bongs has a robe and now that you mention it she uses it quite a bit and I should get her a fancy new one.

What a about capes? Capes seem like what robes evolved from. Like capes are apes and humans are robes.

Should probs change your av

And within that continuum I feel like there should be a different word for a formal robe like a judges robe. Robes are for bathroom, lounging type behavior. Chicks blow drying their hair after a shower and Hugh Hefner stuff. It’s weird to use the same term (robe) for highly honored dispensers of wisdom and justice. And the chosen conduits between mortals and god (preacher fellas). Those robes need a new word. Doctors and lab fellas have smocks or lab coats or something. Also not deserving terms.

We should come up with a new word for formal robes.

Copywright Rubbins. For my standup.
subfusc, gown, vestment, cassock, soutane, surpline, habit, hairshirt, shift, scapular, mantle

That's off the top of my head. I'm not even sure what distinguishes a couple of them.

I'll start a hairshirt thread next week

I'll start a hairshirt thread next week
I def know what a hairshirt is. They were very popular in the middle ages amongst ascetic types.

Probably wouldn't feel very nice, but that's the point

Pretty much never wear a robe, but I wear slippers 365 days a year

Back