• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

My Top 25 Albums of 2017

hottake: if you love American Dream but haven't listened to Brian Eno's first five albums - you're doing it wrong.

I don't really consider this Angel Olsen an album but otherwise like your list too RSF

Think you're overrating Japanese Breakfast a smidge but that's just my own taste, it is a good album

I don't really consider this Angel Olsen an album but otherwise like your list too RSF

Think you're overrating Japanese Breakfast a smidge but that's just my own taste, it is a good album

re: angel olsen

yeah I thought that too, but holy god, she scrapped together a bunch of b-sides and demos and it's still goddamn perfect, she can do no wrong

Oh man, this first song on the Mountain Goats album is super angsty.

High Unicorn Tolerance ? I guess that's an original lyric at least.

Last edited:
Angel Olson is good. I listened to some last year and kinda forgot about her, and just listened to a bunch of tracks today.

Then I made the mistake of going on the web and reading a review on Pitchfork. Jesus I made it halfway through and wanted to smash my computer. I don't know how you people read that drivel. Music critics are the absolute worst, especially when they like something.

Waiting for this Laura Marling album to kick into high gear.

Townie, there's no way you listened to this more than twice, right ?

Last edited:
Lorde is going well. More mature than her earlier stuff. Probably because she was like 12 when Royals come out.

Kind of not looking forward to another bromidic chick which I know is what I'm getting with Phoebe Bridgers. Why does Townie punish himself like this ?

Yeah, avoid this one.

Last edited:
Next up: Thundercat - Drunk. Very promising band name and album title.

Turns out Thundercat is just some dude. That's okay though.

"Drunk" is a very bad name for this album. Should be "Stoned on Cocaine"

I dig the stylized "meow" sound effect.

23 songs. Ambitious.

Last edited:
Cloud Nothings and Violent Soho are some 17 goodies not mentioned

19. White Reaper - World's Best American Band

I'm expecting some Aryan Nation MAGA music here.

This appears to be rock n' roll so far.

Which is good for a change.

Fake live track is kind of a lame entrée.

Lots of guitars. I like "Little Silver Cross."

Not a lot of imagination here.

Overall a pretty forgettable album. I've already forgotten it and there's still another song left to listen to.

Last edited:
18. Wolf Parade - Cry, Cry, Cry

This one sounds like fun.

Ahh, Canadians.

wolfparade_1.jpg

Just a suggestion; maybe do a Top 15 Albums of 2018.

These guys try realllllly hard.

Wolf Parade would not be fun to hang out with backstage.

I mean, some of these songs sound like parodies.

"Weaponized" is an aggressively bad song.

I guess this sounds good to people who are trapped by Canadian broadcast radio laws.

Done with this. Maybe someone else can give it a listen and tell me what I'm missing because this album absolutely sucks. Worst one yet.

Last edited:
Back