• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Discussion

Is it irresponsible to take a 2 month old to a bowl game?

We took our two month old to the Orange Bowl in 2006. Of course weather wasn't an issue but I blame any learning or social issues he has on the pregame flyover that evening.

Clawson needs to hire UTexas alumni Admiral McGraven to give a pre-game pep talk about what it means to beat the Aggies. Based on his famous graduation speech a few years ago, he would get our boys motivated for sure.

To do what ? Make their beds ?

Last edited:
and I think overall attendance of Wake fans matters. The bowl reps talk, and if we show up (and not just buy seats), and the bowl makes a lot of money, they'll let Gator, etc know Wake was a fine team to have at their bowl.

This isn't untrue, but Wake has a built-in low margin for error with selling its allotment. Attendance definitely matters, but we can't afford to not sell our allotment. The huge schools can sell those allotments much easier than Wake.

This isn't untrue, but Wake has a built-in low margin for error with selling its allotment. Attendance definitely matters, but we can't afford to not sell our allotment. The huge schools can sell those allotments much easier than Wake.

That's fine. Then make it first come, first served for 1/2 the allotment to lowers and club. The other half can be saved for your bigger donors. Set a cutoff. If you give 10k or more to wake, you can buy from the "saved allotment". The other half can go to whoever buys them first.

Many of my friend/wake grads, and myself, are having an issue with not being guaranteed a seat in lowers. I'm not going through wake to sit up top. I'm fine paying a little more. But the non guarantee has many hesitating.

The only reason for the priority is in case a big donor comes in late and wants the seats I've already bought? Dumb.

I've heard our allotment is 8,000 tickets. I'd be very shocked if we didn't sell out and request more.

For a 75,000 seat stadium!?!? I can't believe 8,000 is correct. 15,000 would seem more reasonable.

Last edited:
For a 75,000 seat stadium!?!? I can't believe 8,000 is correct. 15,000 would seem more reasonable.

It's usually not that high. For the Sugar/Rose bowl games I think it's only 20-25k.

I think the allotment for NCSU and UNC in the past for Belk has been 12,500. I still think we could hit that, easily, if we made it easier to buy tickets from wake. You buy a ticket, here are your seats, guaranteed.

I know several very loyal fans who have purchased through TicketMaster (via the Belk Bowl site) for the reasons you've mentioned. And what's up with this 10 ticket limit? Why?

That's fine. Then make it first come, first served for 1/2 the allotment to lowers and club. The other half can be saved for your bigger donors. Set a cutoff. If you give 10k or more to wake, you can buy from the "saved allotment". The other half can go to whoever buys them first.

Many of my friend/wake grads, and myself, are having an issue with not being guaranteed a seat in lowers. I'm not going through wake to sit up top. I'm fine paying a little more. But the non guarantee has many hesitating.

The only reason for the priority is in case a big donor comes in late and wants the seats I've already bought? Dumb.

That's not the only reason. First come, first served usually invites more activity from scalpers.

I think the allotment for NCSU and UNC in the past for Belk has been 12,500. I still think we could hit that, easily, if we made it easier to buy tickets from wake. You buy a ticket, here are your seats, guaranteed.

source: http://www.witn.com/sports/headlines/NC_State_Sells_Out_Of_Bowl_Ticket_Allotment_135467683.html

ETA: It could be 8,000. Updated from MSU game http://www.cdispatch.com/news/article.asp?aid=47185

Yeah, not knowing for certain where your seat will be or even if club, lower, upper when you buy is bs.

Those that are planning on going and tailgating, what is your ETA and any specific location? In 2007 we got a grouping of the large tailgates together in a lot that I think no longer exists.

That's not the only reason. First come, first served usually invites more activity from scalpers.

THat would be great then? We sell our allotment easy, and still plenty of seats through vivid seats ticketmaster. Wake fans will be there, whether they buy from wake, ticketmaster, or scalp. I'm reading this that it's vitally important for Wake to sell allotment. Scalpers or donors, does it matter who we sell allotment to? This is still the Belk Bowl, the game will not sell out, and any wake fan wanting a lower, can get one somewhere for a reasonable price.

I bought 10 lowers over the phone because my DC account was screwed up online. I was given the impression that I 100% will get lowers, despite a DC rank around 3,000, and was even allowed to include a preference for seats closer to the 40-50 yd line. Did my DC rep not know what he was talking about?

Our allotment was 12,500 for 2007, it's hard to believe that it would have gone down to 8,000 10 years later, but sounds like your guy is in the know TSY.

We requested more in '07 and sold 19,500 in total, but that was at the height of our football history after the Orange Bowl. This is a much better opponent though for this year's bowl.

I think 15K is a reasonable number, but it wouldn't surprise me if we got around 20K again if we are allotted that many.

I bought 10 lowers over the phone because my DC account was screwed up online. I was given the impression that I 100% will get lowers, despite a DC rank around 3,000, and was even allowed to include a preference for seats closer to the 40-50 yd line. Did my DC rep not know what he was talking about?

From earlier in the thread
Just because you paid for Lowers does not mean you are guaranteed. If those sell out to higher rank DC members you will be moved to the next level and refunded the difference.

ETA: I don't know. Again I have a problem believing what I read on the internet.

Back