• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Belk Bowl parking

DownEastDeac

Reaction score
Went online to do the Panda thing, and other than a $40 lot the others in the $18-$24 range have this statement:

Standard sized vehicles only. Due to size constraints, this location is unable to accommodate minivans, midsize and large SUVs, pickup trucks, and passenger vans.

That pretty much knocks us out; any other options/suggestions?

I have the same issue. I caved and bought the $40 parking pass. But it says it is only valid 12 to 4, so no tailgating or overtime?

Surely there is more parking available than that?

I'm guessing a lot of the lots are office parking since it's a Friday afternoon game, no?

We went to the Panthers game yesterday and had a Parking Panda pass that was at some like graphic design firm's office lot.

Why is this such a big discussion? You drive Uptown, see a dude waving an orange flag next to a big PARKING sign, give him $20 cash, and there you go. It's the Belk Bowl, not the Super Bowl, and it is Christmas week. There is plenty of parking. Things actually exist without apps for them.

Why is this such a big discussion? You drive Uptown, see a dude waving an orange flag next to a big PARKING sign, give him $20 cash, and there you go. It's the Belk Bowl, not the Super Bowl, and it is Christmas week. There is plenty of parking. Things actually exist without apps for them.

Yeah you could probably do that, but I just got a spot .5 miles from the stadium for $18.75 and now I don't have to worry whether parking will be a problem or not.

"You do you", but on the last work day of the calendar year in the 2nd largest financial center in the nation and who-knows what kind of weather and with wife and kids in tow and having already spent $600 on tickets, my fanny is going to make sure I have a parking spot waiting for me within a reasonable walk of the stadium.

"You do you", but on the last work day of the calendar year in the 2nd largest financial center in the nation and who-knows what kind of weather and with wife and kids in tow and having already spent $600 on tickets, my fanny is going to make sure I have a parking spot waiting for me within a reasonable walk of the stadium.

+1

For folks who are trying to organize a tailgate with 10+ cars this doesn't seem like the best course of action to success.

Agreed - parking I'm not worried about. First person down there is just gonna text the rest where to go

Yeah you could probably do that, but I just got a spot .5 miles from the stadium for $18.75 and now I don't have to worry whether parking will be a problem or not.

Me too. And it's guaranteed, so if you are running late for some reason you know you have a spot. Plus, there is guaranteed refund if you have to cancel up to 24 hrs. before game time.

Me too. And it's guaranteed, so if you are running late for some reason you know you have a spot. Plus, there is guaranteed refund if you have to cancel up to 24 hrs. before game time.

You honestly think that the dude with the orange flag is going to turn down someone with $20 cash (from which he is going to pocket $10 as bossman isn't counting cars for the Belk Bowl) to hold your spot that he knows nothing about? Good luck with that. Maybe in a deck with electronic gates, but most of the tailgating lots are surface lots with minimal control.

You honestly think that the dude with the orange flag is going to turn down someone with $20 cash (from which he is going to pocket $10 as bossman isn't counting cars for the Belk Bowl) to hold your spot that he knows nothing about? Good luck with that. Maybe in a deck with electronic gates, but most of the tailgating lots are surface lots with minimal control.

You lost Sidney, get off the court...

Yep, our rides to Charlotte will be less stressful not having to worry about where to park.:thumbsup:

Exactly. This is the Belk Bowl, not the Carolina Panthers. Go right off I-77 and pay $20 and walk about 3-4 blocks to the football stadium. Or else pay about $190 for the Charlotte Courtyard for a night and walk from there!

Back