• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is Haiti a shithole?

Anonymous poll

• Yes

Votes: 22 61.1%
  • No

Votes: 14 38.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Go fuck yourself! You have descended into a huge, lazy liar.

What happened to you?
Ad hominem. Care to respond the the actual substance of my post? Or are you no better than risc?

Wow, just Wow!

Go back to the pit fellas. Speak freely over there where women are the C word.

Karlllllllll I DO NOT USE THE N WORD. Nor would I cal
an African American male “boy”!

Those words rip deep into the soul of a man’s dignity!

You people are really amazing. You sure this isn’t the crying room for millennials?

There is no comparison to the N word and fag.

And the beat goes on. Continue to take pride in your ignorance.

Ad hominem. Care to respond the the actual substance of my post? Or are you no better than risc?

Off the reservation" is in no way comparable to the word she used. I guess in your world if someone is off-base you can't say that.

Of course, you also can't admit how wrong you were to equate bad typing/unintentionally dropping a word for no other reason than making a mistake to intentionally dropping descriptive words to lie about the meaning of a statement.

My bad, you can never be wrong in your Pavlovian response to anything I post.

As I said on the other thread, at one point you had integrity. This isn't that point.

I am sorry to the gay men for using fag if it’s offensive.

Gay men are MEN in my eyes. Tell me when it’s not okay to say gay anymore.

If I say wimpy, pansy, sissy, faggy, baby, coward, p—-y, all
slang for a man who acts like a 5 year old whining.

Your sons must be so embarrassed. No wonder they wanted to move 100s of miles away.

Lolol. RJ vehemently protesting the "wanton" and "careless" use of a slur....while completely oblivious to the slur carelessly inserted in his own speech.

Is it really a slur though? Off the reservation was originally meant to be a dangerous place to go alone, without protection. Which it was for a Native American leaving on their own.

And then it was transformed to mean a politician holding a different policy position than the rest of the party. A dangerous place to be for sure.

It’s unclear to me why/when it’s come to mean a crazy/reckless person.

Off the reservation" is in no way comparable to the word she used. I guess in your world if someone is off-base you can't say that.

Of course, you also can't admit how wrong you were to equate bad typing/unintentionally dropping a word for no other reason than making a mistake to intentionally dropping descriptive words to lie about the meaning of a statement.

As I said on the other thread, at one point you had integrity. This isn't that point.

I didn't compare your use of "off the reservation" to the word she used. I pointed out the hypocrisy in your calling her out while carelessly (your word) using a different slur. I very much appreciate you calling her out, so your second sentence is off-base (your word).

I didn't equate those two things either. What he was doing was disingenuous (if indeed that's what he did) and what you do is either careless or something inherent.

I'm wrong all of the time and very happy to admit when I am. Also, if you paid any attention at all you'd notice I post exactly the same way towards everybody. They just don't choose to respond like you do. Seems like the "Pavlovian response" is on your end.

Nothing here has anything to do with integrity.

Wow, just Wow!

You people are really amazing. You sure this isn’t the crying room for millennials?

the definition of a C... is "A person so vile as to be without any redeeming feature (Urban Dictionary)" and not for a woman that "speaks freely". there is a huge difference...

but see, i would never call you that. Why? Well, i think it is classless to lambaste someone with derogatory and inflammatory name calling. It is for simple people without a way to speak their mind with intellect, understanding and compassion.

maybe give it a shot

Is it really a slur though? Off the reservation was originally meant to be a dangerous place to go alone, without protection. Which it was for a Native American leaving on their own.

And then it was transformed to mean a politician holding a different policy position than the rest of the party. A dangerous place to be for sure.

Fair question, and I don't know the answer. I remember this coming up in discussion a while ago. In its earliest contexts it was certainly a racialized term used in contempt, not to mention the fact it emphasizes some pretty despicable behavior by our own government. So not sure your "original meaning" is correct -- it was primarily used by non-Natives to talk about Natives. Idiomatically it has certainly shifted over the last century or so. My personal philosophy (and one I had assumed RJ shared, though I could be wrong) is that we should avoid any kind of phrasing or idiom that could be offensive to somebody else. Especially if it emphasizes the wrongs we have done as a country and a culture.

Now, my beliefs on the subject certainly fall under the rubric of "political correctness". And based on RJ's posting history, I thought he'd be on that side too. The difference I find is that older generations are often invested in bits of language and culture that they've used all of their lives -- why should they have to change now? Not saying that necessarily applies to RJ, but that is my general philosophy. I could be wrong​.

Again I refer to the pit hypocrites.

Make up your minds when and where people can be offensive and vulgar, and WHO can be offensive and vulgar.

Anybody can be offensive and vulgar any time they want. That's one of the freedoms afforded us by the first amendment to the constitution. But they shouldn't expect not to get called out by people that find what they say to be offensive and vulgar. That's the tradeoff. If you care what people think about you and you don't want to hurt other people's feelings, don't be offensive and vulgar. If you like inciting people's anger and seeing "snowflakes" get upset, keep at it. This is America!

Wow, just Wow!

As someone with black folks and homosexuals in my personal family, I kind of agree with this statement. Both are wrong to use, but most homosexuals I know are proud of who they are and what they stand for. I've heard many use the term themselves. I don't think, personally, that the f*g word holds the same harshness that it once did.

Using the n word is the most despicable thing you could ever call someone, IMO.

Again, it's not cool to use the word IMO, but comparing it to the N word, I think it's the lesser of two evils.

Last edited:
Again I refer to the pit hypocrites.

Make up your minds when and where people can be offensive and vulgar, and WHO can be offensive and vulgar.

maybe the question should be...why do you think you need to be offensive and vulgar to get your point across?

Someone called me out (in tags) for using the racist phrase "call a spade a spade", which I didn't realize was considered racist. I looked it up, and for several hundred years the phrase refereed to simply calling something what it was and the spade part refers to a shovel; the phrase had roots in Greek literature as the phrase "call a fig a fig". Somewhere in the 1920's the meaning started to change and the spade began to reference skin color, and now, apparently, it is considered racist. So I'll try to stop using it. https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2013/09/19/224183763/is-it-racist-to-call-a-spade-a-spade

Last edited:

I didn't compare your use of "off the reservation" to the word she used. I pointed out the hypocrisy in your calling her out while carelessly (your word) using a different slur. I very much appreciate you calling her out, so your second sentence is off-base (your word).

I didn't equate those two things either. What he was doing was disingenuous (if indeed that's what he did) and what you do is either careless or something inherent.

I'm wrong all of the time and very happy to admit when I am. Also, if you paid any attention at all you'd notice I post exactly the same way towards everybody. They just don't choose to respond like you do. Seems like the "Pavlovian response" is on your end.

Nothing here has anything to do with integrity.

What slur did I use? "callous disregard for others"?

I'll make it very simple for you. My dropped words are all about me not caring enough to go back and add them. It's all on me for being lazy.

What would you call intentionally dropping the EXACT word to create the insult one tried to use? It's not just dropping a word. He EDITED out the word. He made a CONSCIOUS EFFORT to change the post.

I can't believe you don't understand the difference between EDITING out material to change the meaning of something and being careless and lazy.

You may have "admitted" you wrong to others, but this is not the first time, I've shown how wrong post is that you have refused to admit you made a mistake to me.

Of course, it's taken THREE times to get admit you were totally WRONG. And I'm not holding my breath that you will at this point.

Or you could become PH.Jr., who said in 1000s of discussions he had with me at the time, he had NEVER been wrong. He actually said that.

I don’t like much of anybody who uses derivations of the word “fag.” Not to mention someone who gleefully calls a woman a whore.

Wait what? Listen the fag comment I get it is offensive and should not be said as a slur. Calling someone who fucks for money a whore though, is literally calling a whore a whore. The fact that you are fauxing outrage over it makes you seem like a virtue signaling douche trying to overcome for shitty aspects of your life.

Cheers.

Back